• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Signs that there might be a sun arising somewhere in the murk over Margam.
    Sun has arisen.

Golden light is flooding the lab, thus ensuring that no one can a) see the board b) see anything on a monitor c) see anything projected on the screen.

Blinds would be nice, so said blinds are currently sat on the window sills awaiting installation.

Oh, and the breeze must have sprung into action impelled by the windmills which seem to be going full blast now.

And I just managed to get my j notation calculations to agree with the book.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2018, 09:40.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sun has arisen.

Golden light is flooding the lab, thus ensuring that no one can a) see the board b) see anything on a monitor c) see anything projected on the screen.

Blinds would be nice, so said blinds are currently sat on the window sills awaiting installation.

Oh, and the breeze must have sprung into action impelled by the windmills which seem to be going full blast now.
      At least it gives those of a reptillian persuasion something to bask in.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Fire lit, two bags of wood brought in - glad I chopped loads a few weeks ago.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out

Chilly too at 4°C, but it might get up as high as 7° later. And the rain has finally moved on

Comment

And I just managed to get my j notation calculations to agree with the book.

Ish.

Different book now, having given up on the 15 pages of farting about that separate 3 lines in the other book.

I'm almost beginning to remember some of this stuff.

I'm trying to imagine what it was like doing all this stuff with a slide rule.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2018, 12:27.

Comment

Roast beef cob for lunch

The cloud's cleared a bit out there, but it hasn't got much warmer

Comment

Ish.

Different book now, having given up on the 15 pages of farting about that separate 3 lines in the other book.

I'm almost beginning to remember some of this stuff.

I'm trying to imagine what it was like doing all this stuff with a slide rule.
                Got there in the end for two equations.

The one I had problems with yesterday is quite simple once you realise wtf is going on.

Rather than simplifying, it's a case of taking stuff outside the brackets and tulipe like that.

It's much more complex analysis than anything we teach today at Ye Slough of Desponde (Olde Or New).

However there's another one I still can't get a handle on at the moment.

They must have been bright in the 1930s.

Comment

Got there in the end for two equations.

The one I had problems with yesterday is quite simple once you realise wtf is going on.

Rather than simplifying, it's a case of taking stuff outside the brackets and tulipe like that.

It's much more complex analysis than anything we teach today at Ye Slough of Desponde (Olde Or New).

However there's another one I still can't get a handle on at the moment.

Comment

X5 on the way home, trying to avoid howling at the full moon.

Which looks particularly lovely this evening.

Can even see stars.

Which doesn't happen often around here without some sort of concussion.

13.5 deg in the living room and 5.4 deg in the laundry room.

It's getting colder.

Tea, aka "dinner" was that thing with onions & carrots & the last of the weekend's beef.

It was very nice, followed by stewed prunes and custard which was also nice, but spoiled a bit by lumps in the custard, caused, I suspect, by my multitasking during the cooking phase.

I found out today that the chap teaching the PIC assembler programming is including stuff on the indirect register, which seems a bit ambitious to me, but I suppose he knows what he's doing.

I found it difficult to get them to understand the basic stuff, like loading registers, much less stuff like the indirect register (which I've never found it necessary to use anyway).
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2018, 18:54.

Comment

no distractions <smart phones, tv, wwb, etc>

like pinball wizards

Comment

Working...
                      X