• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling bin out, and it is indeed very mild out there. Quite hazy too, so I reckon we might have fog in the morning

Comment

Tonight's all-action movie was End of Watch (2012), concerning a couple of uniformed cops in one of the rougher areas of LA. One of them insists on videoing everything they do for some project of his own (maybe he has a YouTube channel), and also gets them both bodycams, so the whole thing is a bit like Peep Show crossed with The Shield. Anyway, apart from a few not-at-all-action minutes when one of them is getting married, which is apparently supposed to reinforce how close they are but is a few minutes longer than it needs to be, it's good stuff

And then a bit more of The West Wing. Only 92 more of the 155 episodes (including the special one after 9/11 but excluding any "making of"-type stuff) to go…

The lurgy, such as it was, seems to be passing now

Goodnight all

Comment

Dark.

Dreary.

Dismal.

Misty.

Grey.

Sunless (this last should keep the Esteemed Customers happy insofar as they'll be able to see stuff on monitors & the like).

Warm.

12.7 in the laundry room with an 8.8 deg min.

The livingroom was a sweltering 18 deg this morning. Phew wot a scorcher.

X55 on time.

Last day this week in Ye New Slough of Despond.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Recycling bin out, and it is indeed very mild out there. Quite hazy too, so I reckon we might have fog in the morning
          You were right, we did. Lifted a bit now but still cant see the boiler chimney at the hospital from client co. offices.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

Can't see the bottom of the garden, but it's mild and there's no breeze so the walk wasn't too unpleasant. TFIF, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all, from a bright, clear but cold Bochum.

Requisitioned an office while I do some code changes.

The meeting yesterday ended with Tea & Biscuits so all sorted there. Flying home to the bosom of my family and own loo seat this evening - which is nice.

Have a good weekend all.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning denizens

Broadband is up the creek again

It's fairly mild out, but exceeding grey withal

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Is CUK embuggered?

I'm getting "bad gateway" on a lot of things.
                  Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Seems OK here at the moment, but admin might be messing around with some stuff
                  Still getting that so I'm using Opera in anonymouse mode.

Which seems to be ok.

Just searching for some pic software that decodes MSF transmissions.

And lo! I can't fecking find it.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dull and wet in sleepy commuter town today.

Really not a lot else to say.....

Happy Fridays.

Comment

That was close!

Went down to check the post, which had arrived, then opened the front door to see how the road was looking in the grey morning light. As I stood there contemplating the scene, I saw a bin wagon coming.

It could have been going anywhere, but just in case I rushed out the back, where I found the communal gate was still locked! And the bin wagon was indeed coming for us (recycling specifically), so I got the gate unlocked just in time, as they were collecting the bin from the one house before the gate.

Now I need to go back down and get the recycling bin back in; I just hope the general waste collection is still around lunchtime, as otherwise they're staying full for another week

It's all go on bin day!

Comment

Working...
                      X