• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter buzzing around outside

I've only just remembered that I'd often see or hear a helicopter buzzing past my front windows and turning away towards the river about an hour after the football finished. I always assumed it was just the police checking out traffic or something, but it must have been the one going to pick up the club owner that crashed on Saturday night

Comment

Shopping done, as well as a roughly 45 mile round trip to DHL at East Midlands Airport to collect a book from the USA which, for inscrutable reasons, they couldn't allow me to collect from the newsagents up the road

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        One of the {thing}s was a box of lamb Oxo cubes. I remembered them!

Then, putting the bags in the car, I noticed them in the bottom of the trolley (in their box). I assumed they'd fallen out of one of the bags, and chucked them back in. But then I started wondering… I couldn't remember actually scanning them

So I've just checked the receipt, and it turns out I stole them

Assuming the police don't track me down first, I'll have to give myself up at the customer service desk next time I'm in there
        I remembered to go to the customer service desk and finally pay for these

Comment

Links are up
          Just added a bonus link about The Monster Mash

Comment

For tea tonight, the last of the chicken dopiaza out of the freezer, with the usual bits. Exceedingly nice

I'm very partial to that Patak's dopiaza sauce.

Comment

Min temp in the laundry room was 1.8 deg.

Tea was more of yesterday's roast lamb, followed by some stewed prunes and custard, which was very nice if a little too hot.

This evening's entertainment rounded off the "Lethal Weapon" genre with "Lethal Weapon 4".

Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) - IMDb

It was ok, if getting a bit tired.

The dvd is a flipper, so the film's on one side & the extras are on the other, not something you see often now we have dual layer.

It's got various outtakes, most of which are in the Director's Cuts of 1, 2, & 3, so nothing new there if you've watched them in order.

Anyway, it's TFBSZ.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's big feature was Logan's Run (1976), one of those films that I've somehow never seen before: I had a vague feeling I might have caught at least some of it on TV in the 1980s, but none of it rang a bell, so I probably didn't bother because of the bad reviews it got when it came out.

It's fairly shonky in parts; quite a few parts, actually. But it's not that bad. It's just not that good, either

And then an episode of The West Wing, and the ones after that were a two-parter so I thought I might as well get them out of the way too

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all!

Day 42 of permydom.

Bolton on't 'ill - no frost, a bit wit, not too blowy.

Decided to work from home this afternoon - shed loads of "paperwork" to complete for my latest code changes.

Anybody else out there "abuse" Caliber for their requirements gathering? It's tulip! Made even tuliperer when the server is in the US!

Have a good day all!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Tonight's big feature was Logan's Run (1976), one of those films that I've somehow never seen before: I had a vague feeling I might have caught at least some of it on TV in the 1980s, but none of it rang a bell, so I probably didn't bother because of the bad reviews it got when it came out.

It's fairly shonky in parts; quite a few parts, actually. But it's not that bad. It's just not that good, either
                    Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jenny Agutter.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I bought a copy of "Picnic at Hanging Rock" last weekend.*

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

And I have a copy of "American Werewolf in London" too.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

An alarming 1.1 deg in the laundry room as I departed for this New Vale of Tears.

The min will very probably be lower.

Scarf dug out of the detritus on The Cat's Chair, where it has resided unwashed since April.

It may be necessary to dig out some of the outre headgear at this rate.

Dry. Very.

Cold. Very. Very.

Sun coming up like thunder from the murk over Margam.

Windless in Neath, windy down here. Brrrrrrr. Windchill++ (or should that be --?)

Was CBS but there's clouds out there now.

Managed to do the "take the Magick Badge out of pocket & put on desk instead of around neck" trick again, & had to find the cleaner to let me back in to my office.

WTF was wrong with keys?

Dug out all the keys to Ye Olde Slough of Desponde last night & have duly labelled up what they open & where, for those I can remember, covering 3 separate buildings over 14 years.

I have no idea what an "F7" opens, but they can have it back.

My keyring is now a shadow of its former glory.

The ongoing lurgy is continuing to be unpleasant and doesn't appear to show any signs whatever of shifting.

Beginning to wonder if it's whooping cough.

With a touch of asthma thrown in for good measure.

*Bugger. I've conflated that with "Walkabout".
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2018, 08:18.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all a bit murky and wet here.

Definitely autumnal.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X