• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's film was Lethal Weapon 2 (1989), which I think I may have seen at least some of before; it vaguely rang a bell. It suffered a bit from the common problem of bad guys indulging in ridiculously elaborate ways of trying to kill good guys when simpler and more obvious methods were available to them, but that's entertainment I suppose

Goodnight all

Comment

Positively Baltic in Mancunia this morning.
      Loving the quick clear windscreen on my Focus ST though.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Morning all!

Day 43 of permydom - Bolton on't 'll!

It's cold but bright and dry - which is nice.

More documentation before the boss gets back from his holiday.

Ze Germanz have released a new version of their motor firmware which low and behold has fixed the "non existant" issues I brought to their attention!

I'm still angling for a trip to Bochum to go and shake "Herr Doctor!" warmly by the throat!

Have a good day all!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Southern Comfort & bit spoonfuls of Benylin for me.
          It didn't.

By about 00:30 I was woken by an extended attempt to cough my lungs up.

Another glorious night's sleep, not.

Ended up sleeping more or less upright, since that seemed to help.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That should work too
          Sadly it didn't.

I need to find mine, too. I suspect it's under assorted junk that should probably be thrown away, over in the far corner of the bedroom
          Mine works ok.

By about 03:00 I had to turn it down a bit coz I was overheating.

My feet still took ages to warm up initially though.

I've got Edge of Darkness kicking about the place, which is of a similar vintage. I want to watch it before watching the more recent film version with Mel Gibson and Ray Winstone, so I can say the original was better
          Me too, though I did it the other way around.

Tonight's film was Lethal Weapon 2 (1989), which I think I may have seen at least some of before; it vaguely rang a bell. It suffered a bit from the common problem of bad guys indulging in ridiculously elaborate ways of trying to kill good guys when simpler and more obvious methods were available to them, but that's entertainment I suppose

Goodnight all
          It made more money than the first one. What I find interesting is that the follow up scripts were much darker & it was rewritten to make it lighter and more comedic.

Morning.

Dry.

Warmer side of very very coldish.

The laundry room stats today were 3 deg with an overnight min of 1.8, so it's warmed up a bit.

Sun coming up like thunder through the murk over Margam.

Not particularly windy, though the windmills are busy turning.

There's another ship full of logs being unloaded.

I'm sure they all go to Intertissue in Baglan.

Too big for pit props.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2018, 08:04.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all clear blue skies here, but not too chilly.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite chilly again, though it seems we can expect to get into double digits sometime this afternoon. Though that's also when we can expect some rain

Comment

Morning All

As someone has already said it is cold in Manchester...

although it has probably warmed up since then - my car (not a focus ST) was showing a positively balmy 9 degrees when I parked up at 9.45

bit tired today due to playing rdr2 till a bit too late last night

but

yee haw ya varmints.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  It made more money than the first one. What I find interesting is that the follow up scripts were much darker & it was rewritten to make it lighter and more comedic.
                  So I understand. I would have preferred it if they'd cut down on the jokes somewhat, TBH. I found much of the humour a bit laboured; extremely laboured in parts

Comment

I have donned my thick wooly jumper, so the weather should warm up soon

Comment

The Polish café over the road still seems to be doing a nice steady trade

The Lithuanian (I think) one further down was closed when I passed it on Saturday night. Hope they haven't gone bust

Comment

Working...
                      X