• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    After last night's culinary disappointment, I felt the need for a decent takeaway to make up for it and round off the weekend. So tea has been taken away, by me, from the kebab shop. Very nice it was too

There must have been something in the park for Eid, as there were quite a few Muslim families walking back from it to their cars parked in the surrounding streets.

And on the shopping road, I discovered that today was the twice-yearly local fair, when they close the road and have stalls and bands and so on, though not an actual funfair with waltzers and such. This was the fourth one that I've missed since I bought this place and it was over by the time I went out, though I did see them just finishing breaking the stage down and loading it into the van on the road outside the butcher's

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've got a few promotional emails and such about "The big game tonight". I have no idea what they're referring to, but I believe the Association Football people have some kind of contest going on, so it's probably that

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Paddy is getting exercised about cattle herding by police car.
    Part of the Ashdown Forest near where I live has free roaming cattle and sheep. Was waiting on the road about 5 mins the other day when a lot of cows with calves were wandering along the road.

Oh well, must gnosh me raspberries and then get off on me toothpaste inspection. Can I be a* to go to village club this afternoon? Prob. not.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    T5 departures. There’s a gin competition. My flight is full up front and my lack of flying means I have no free lounge access.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It does look bad if the best idea the plod can come up with for dealing with a frisky calf is to ram it with a big car. I'm pro-calf on this one, I reckon

Don't they usually get a vet to shoot it with a tranquilliser dart when this kind of thing happens? Perhaps they were remembering how high vets' bills are these days and thought they could save a few bob

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Partly cloudy out, but mainly of the bulbous, white, fluffy form rather than the flatter grey things that brought the rain yesterday and overnight. A fair bit of sun getting through just now, helping the lawn to dry out. A bit milder as well: currently 12°C but soaring to 18° later. The barometers are only up a little though, at 988/996mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 17.5 in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto, 13 deg in the saltinghouse.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (up from 996 last night), 79% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of October 2019 the discarded umbrella had leapt over the wall on the doctor's patch, suggestions were made for gps tracking, LM was starting more OU courses, and I'd been phoned up by some scamming bastard re the Miele washing machine warranty.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, it must be said that some of said shirts really should be thrown away, the cuff is nearly falling off one, and several have collars that are in a similar condition. Meanwhile the wardrobe is half full of nearly new & new shirts that could be pressed into service. Some of said shirts aren't fit for gardening any more.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment during lunch & the iRoning: The Infinte Monkey Cage S20 Brits in Space.

The Infinite Monkey Cage S21: the science of laughter: it wasn't very funny.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & chilly breeze. It's reached the dizzy heights of 18.3 deg in here.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%: streak of 93 lasting until I made a silly mistake.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: bit of POTW, R4 News. The Arch <click>

The Skinwalker Ranch nutjobbery:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:21.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of wildlife stuff again today, including Monkey Life of course

And this evening, I returned to the short stories of H. G. Wells, including The Door in the Wall which is one of my favourites

Very variable weather today; there's been some more rain this evening, and even more expected overnight.

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was brought to me from a noodle place across town, not far from the old flat, though I don't think it existed when I lived over there

It turned out to be exceptionally mediocre, so much so that I gave up on it after eating about a third of it. I won't even bother keeping the leftovers; it can go straight in the bin

Oh well, we live and learn. Once again, the perils of trying something new are brought into sharp focus

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's been a sunshine and showers kind of day. Fortunately I didn't get drowned when switching between storage units or walking to / from the zipcar parking spot.

Now I'm knackered and achy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Volunteer thing this morning. Wet and rather boring, just snipping bits of brambles. Still, nice wander along a lake.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the torrential downpour with light and sound effects, it's turned rather Simpsonesque out there

Lunch has been sausages and bacon in buttered bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunderstorm!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Put the URL into archive.ph and they'll present a cached version it if they have it or will scrape it if they don't.
    Cheers, I'll give it a go later

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, with a light breeze judging by the way the clouds are drifting along. Neither warm nor cold at 13°C with 15° due for a bit later. Chance of rain soon, too. The barometers are down a bit more at 983/991mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X