• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settled down to work on something. Naturally, I immediately thought of something else that would be nice to have in support of it; this thought has now turned into an entire other project which I'm working on instead

Not a huge one though, and mainly re-using stuff from elsewhere that needed to be moved to its own place. Shouldn't take too long…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Settled down to work on something. Naturally, I immediately thought of something else that would be nice to have in support of it; this thought has now turned into an entire other project which I'm working on instead

Not a huge one though, and mainly re-using stuff from elsewhere that needed to be moved to its own place. Shouldn't take too long…

ah welcome to the Vetran methodology! I do seminars on it!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Early(ish) dinner tonight, for I went to the chip shop for haddock and chips; and very nice it was

Their spuds this week are Accord, from Lincolnshire. They have a rolling display screen which includes such information

Comment

nuked leftover szechuan beef and noodles for dinner.
          it was rather tasty.

Comment

Following tea which was some more of yesterday's roast beef along with a sweet of stewed gooseberries (green) and custard, this evening's entertainment proved to be "Speed(1994)" being the tale of a nutjob bomber and a bus with a bomb on board.

Speed (1994) - IMDb

With the very young and toothsome Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, and Denis Hopper.

Also Joe Morton, having survived being blown up by Arnie a couple of years earlier.

I was thinking of watching "Speed 2" next, but judging by the reviews I may not bother.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 October 2018, 21:12.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Following tea which was some more of yesterday's roast beef along with a sweet of stewed gooseberries (green) and custard, this evening's entertainment proved to be "Speed(1994)" being the tale of a nutjob bomber and a bus with a bomb on board.

Speed (1994) - IMDb

With the very young and toothsome Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, and Denis Hopper.

Also Joe Morton, having survived being blown up by Arnie a couple of years earlier.
              I watched that again a few weeks ago - it's an excellent film. Just kicks off right away and never lets up

Comment

a nice gammon joint done in the oven with cider, baked potatoes and stir fry.

Very pleasant.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  a nice gammon joint done in the oven with cider, baked potatoes and stir fry.

Very pleasant.
                  Yum

Comment

After wasting several hours thrashing about trying to install various libraries and dependencies, I finally discovered that Mapnik on Ubuntu 16.04 only has support for Python 3.5. Gave up trying to make it work on 3.6, and everything seems to be starting to work

So no telly watched tonight, apart from a bit of some thing on Yesterday about James Bond.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      After wasting several hours thrashing about trying to install various libraries and dependencies, I finally discovered that Mapnik on Ubuntu 16.04 only has support for Python 3.5. Gave up trying to make it work on 3.6, and everything seems to be starting to work

So no telly watched tonight, apart from a bit of some thing on Yesterday about James Bond.
                      Pali!

Comment

Working...
                      X