• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's tea has been leftovers from yesterday's Chinese: some crispy aromatic lamb with plum sauce and those odd pancakes, and some beef chow mein quickly reheated with a dash of soy sauce

The extreme tiredness caused by the couple of pints I had with lunch is wearing off, but I don't think I'll be making a very late night of it tonight

Comment

This evening I got around to rewatching The Social Network (2010), in which people who go to Harvard University are dreadful.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      last night I finally watched "the social network". It didn't seem particularly kind to Zuckerberg or many of the people around him.
      It was quite watchable and it seemed real.
      Yeah, he's an arrogant knob. The film definitely got that bit right.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all!

Day 26 of permydom!

In not so sunny Worcester!

Pool car of the day: Mazda CX5 - noisy, driver's seat doesn't go back far enough so very uncomfortable and a manual - overall impression? tulip!

Pitch black on the drive down. M6 over Thelwall Viaduct was down to one lane! There appears to be more of the M6 southbound at 50mph than not!

Have a good day all!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Dark, dank, dire, drizzly, depressing, grey, grey, grey, misty, sunless.

Yes, it's The New Slough of Despond in Swansea Docks again again.

And this weekend the lurgy has been (and continues to be) a sore throat, with associated streaming nose.

Temperature in the living room was 16.1 deg, whilst it was much warmer than yesterday in the laundry room at a very mild 13.3.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all CBS earlier on the walk, which was quite successful in terms of weight (>300g), but the quantity was only 2.
            Mushrooms for tea.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Finally made it in to Manchester after 2 cars decided to get rather more aquatinted than I imagine their owners wanted to just after junction 9 of the M56.

No one seemed hurt which was good i suppose.

Unsurprisingly the weather is overcast but quite warm.

Happy Mondays....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Happy Mondays....

<sing> The telex machine is kept too clean, brain on overload </sing>
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

There's that kind of high, thin layer of cloud that prevents it from being properly sunny, though you wouldn't call it overcast either

Around 13°C out there, up from 12 a little earlier, so a modicum of warmth is getting through too.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

For lunch today, I had a bowl of the chicken and barley soup I made last week, with a thick chunk of wholemeal bread and a slice of white. It turned out very nice again

Comment

Working...
                      X