• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight was chicken and chips, being the remaining leg and wing of the fowl I roasted on Monday, and part of a batch of chips I made up to Phase II this afternoon. Very nice, it was

Watched something about the Gwent Police collisions investigation people while eating, which showed that the Apple TV with the BBC iPlayer app is capable of streaming OK via the iPad's 4G. Not sure it'll cope with streaming a 4K HDR film, though. I may be sticking to disc-based video this evening, though on the other hand it's helping to use up a large remaining data allowance on the iPad

Comment

Tonight's main feature was another instalment in the All The Bonds project: For Your Eyes Only (1981). I think I've seen this one before, many years ago, but didn't really remember much of it apart from the opening sequence. Very much of the era of "Look at these places to which plebs like you can't afford to go on holiday" but, if you don't mind the story being bent into odd shapes to fit in as many winter sports as possible, it's pretty good

And then a couple more episodes of the ongoing rewatch of The West Wing, which at least demonstrated that the iPad is cool with having its 4g connection used for streaming HD video by the Apple TV. In theory, I could have downloaded the episodes to the iPad (or one of the Macs, or even the iPhone) and then sent them across using AirPlay, but it turned out not to be necessary

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all!

Day 24 of permydom!

In the Bolton on't 'ill office!

As of 07:07 it's still dark, a warm gentle breeze - which is nice.

A day of "Meetings, bloody meetings"!

Have a good day all!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Grey, dark, dank, & drizzly, with added mist just in case the grey, dark, dank, & drizzly wasn't depressing enough.

Roll on July.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Big meeting today ... think it may be time to move on

well it's been ten years or so

other than that low scudding cloud is bringing some rain to Manchester - but can see some blue sky above it.

Happy Tuesday.
            Well the big meeting happened and I managed to avoid being culled - it seems no one was culled we are just being 'reshuffled' and 'energised' to make room for the new boss to bring in some of his mates in highly paid positions.

I give it 18 months - which is 12 months longer than the last one.

On another note Manchester is grey and overcast but not really very chilly.

Happy Thursday.

Comment

Morning all
              Murky out, can't even see the bottom of the garden.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again

Broadband still screwed

Comment

Wait time of ten minutes on the customer disservice line

I'll try again later

Comment

Morning
                    dull, and a trifle king billy in sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Well the big meeting happened and I managed to avoid being culled - it seems no one was culled we are just being 'reshuffled' and 'energised' to make room for the new boss to bring in some of his mates in highly paid positions.

I give it 18 months - which is 12 months longer than the last one.

On another note Manchester is grey and overcast but not really very chilly.

Happy Thursday.

Maybe buy the boss a few beers & talk about football? Sounds like this is a good contact.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X