• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    OK, having prepared myself by reading the relevant parts of the Data Protection Act 2018, it's time to phone the hospital and ask them WTF they think they're up to sending stuff to my GP about a different patient under my name
    OK, that's done. They've "been getting some other people to send the letters out" and it seems they've made a mistake

Anyway, it turns out that vague promises along the lines of "we'll see if we can sort it out" suddenly turn into detailed plans to sort it out combined with profuse apologies when you start quoting DPA 2018 section 46 subsection 1 and section 48 subsections 1 and 9

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Don't expect too much of an answer byt phone.

Put everything in writing and send it to their Data Protection Officer.
      See above

I'll be double-checking once they tell me it's sorted; if they don't get back in touch then the DPO is my next port of call. Either that or my friend who's a reporter on the local paper

Comment

OK, having prepared myself by reading the relevant parts of the Data Protection Act 2018, it's time to phone the hospital and ask them WTF they think they're up to sending stuff to my GP about a different patient under my name
        Was it the letters about the heart condition that cannot be contracted by apes?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Was it the letters about the heart condition that cannot be contracted by apes?
          No, it was the letter saying I'm so morbidly obese that my penis has vanished inside my body and I am unable to urinate hygienically

FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT: that isn't me

Comment

Glad we've cleared that up.

The ongoing clearpass upcock is definitely ongoing.

And it's affecting the Esteemed Paying Customers, so this will never do.

The staff don't matter but the university rankings in the Esteemed Customer Survey do.

Then again, the CHCFC is a top ranker and no mistake.

Just read some inscrutable email about logins and domains and virtual machines and virtual desktops and remote desktop clients.

It's all incomprehensible to me.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2018, 14:08.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Well it was about 7 degrees in Manchester at 7.30 this morning.

And now the sun has risen just opened the blinds to quite a blue sky..

which is nice.
              It felt colder than that when I set off at 04:30 this morning!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I've been looking the B*****t forum.

Stone me, I must be really really really bored.

Now.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've been looking the B*****t forum.

Stone me, I must be really really really bored.
                  You must be! Having spent ages updating my website to https, modding sitemap and robots.txt, I am off to watch the recorded BBC news. After I've fast forwarded through B*****t and all the other dull stuff, watching the news usually takes me about 3 minutes.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Debating whether to download the complete database dump of Wikipedia to speed up some data scraping I want to do. Apparently it's around 60GB when uncompressed… not too bad

Comment

No, it was the letter saying I'm so morbidly obese that my penis has vanished inside my body and I am unable to urinate hygienically

FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT: that isn't me

You got MF's letter???
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X