• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last bit of southern "fried" chicken cold for lunch. It's nice cold

Very gloomy out there now, though I don't think it'll go so fas as to rain

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Roast lamb cooked & eaten.

No salt in anything.

I suppose bland & tasteless will become more familiar.

Will be cooking some lentil <pffffft> soup this afternoon which will be similarly afflicted.
      Supposedly you learn to appreciate the subtler flavours more. Never worked for me; anyway, my blood pressure is fine nowadays, having somehow sorted itself out even though I gave up giving up salt.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Last bit of southern "fried" chicken cold for lunch. It's nice cold

Very gloomy out there now, though I don't think it'll go so fas as to rain
        "fas"?

Where's that sodding autocorrect when you actually need it?

Comment

Latest batch of lentil <pffffft> soup just about cooked.

This afternoon's gardening, such as it was, wasn't exactly helped by over extending whilst picking up some prunings thusly hurting back yet afeckinggain.

He/she who would be StrangeloveMog came along & sat on the garden wall with me.

It's a mog that really really likes a bit of fuss.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Down to 18°C in the living room; fire is on

It was actually 18.8, but I think rounding down is acceptable in the circumstances.

Comment

I believe I've seen this white deer when out at Bradgate: Sneezing fallow buck photo 'one-in-a-million shot'.

Not seen it sneezing, or not that I remember.

I should get back in the way of going for a walk in Bradgate; the deer will be in rut any time now, which always livens things up a bit

Comment

The Oak Island nutjobs are on.

It's preceded by "Mountain Men", within which one can hear the playing of distant banjos.

The Oak Island lot have found "the hatch", this being a hole in the ground, a square hole.

4 8 15 16 23 42.:smoki

They reckon it's the back door to something.

Now they're going to drill two big feckoff holes at a cost of $2M.

Stop Press!

In that well they were faffing about with last week they've found a rock with a triangle carved into it.

Now it's either the Knights Templar, the Knights that say Ni, the Ark of the Covenant, Giant Alien Lizards, or David Icke.

Or maybe just a rock with a triangle carved in it.

Some chap called Fred Nolan popped his clogs. He'd been digging holes on nutjob island for a mere 50 years. He was 89.

Tea, as it transpired, was some of today's batch of lentil <pfffft> soup.

It was okish and sans any salt.

Apart from whatever was in a heaped teaspoon of Marmite(tm).
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2018, 21:34.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been the chicken casserole I made on, IIRC, Friday: two portions for the freezer, and one for me. Given that it was thrown together quite hastily, it came out exceptionally flavoursome; I think the pancetta and white wine I dug out of the fridge and slung in made quite a difference

Comment

This evening's entertainment was Mean Streets (1973), which follows the fortunes (or lack thereof) of several young Italian-American hoodlums in New York in the early 1970s. It's a bit dull, actually, and none of the characters are particularly likeable. Still, it launched the careers of a number of people, including Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro, so maybe I'm missing something

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Down in sunny Worcester for a couple of days!

The same pool car - bloody thing thinks it's got winter tyres fitted - said it didn't want to do more than 110mph - what bloody use is that!?!

Meetings to reorganise the development environment - from agilely stumbling over each others feet - to something well, more agile really! Which is nice.

Have a nice day all!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X