• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, that's buggered my weekend plans. Dad rushed in to hospital after having an "unconscious episode"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Oh well, that's buggered my weekend plans. Dad rushed in to hospital after having an "unconscious episode"
      Hope he's OK <- manly

Comment

The old trouble's kicked in again.
        cardiorenalapathy.
        bugger.

Comment

Interesting trip home. Entirely mundane except for the last 100 yards which was blocked by 4 police cars, an ambulance and paramedic car on our road and the air ambulance landing on the playing field. No idea what it was all about and questions asked on the village facebook page have all been deleted.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Interesting trip home. Entirely mundane except for the last 100 yards which was blocked by 4 police cars, an ambulance and paramedic car on our road and the air ambulance landing on the playing field. No idea what it was all about and questions asked on the village facebook page have all been deleted.

maybe patrick mcgoohan's made another escape attempt??

Comment

Tell him to have more water with it next time.

More seriously, hope he's OK and nothing a change of medication won't sort.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been lamb dhansak, with the usual rice and naan

There was a bit of rain late this afternoon, and apparently it's happening again later. Still fairly mild for the time of year though

No helicopters here, and no more than the usual contingent of blue lights going past; but as I was finishing my tea, a flight from Rhodes to East Midlands went over (identity ascertained with the Flighradar24 app). That probably means lots will be over tonight as it tends to be all or none, presumably because of the wind direction or something. This is just about the distance out where they put on their down-and-forwards facing lights, so they can look quite dramatic if they're going through a patch of lowish cloud at that time

Comment

Today's relief of the existential boredom was "The Quiet American (2002)" with Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258068/

It was rather good.

Tea was liver & bacon with onion gravy.

I hadn't made that for a while, I prepared the pack back in December 2017.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Hope he's OK <- manly
                  WNFS, having been there, done that, and got the tshirt.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 September 2018, 20:59.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's film was a rewatch of The Intern (2015), in which retiree Robert De Niro starts working at Anne Hathaway's Brooklyn-based Internet clothes company (a bit like ASOS). It's an enjoyable little comedy; probably intended as a "chick flick", but so what

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all blustery morning at LGW.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X