• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

The rain came and went as I slept, and now barely a trace of it remains. Patchy sunshine at the moment, and not too hot
    Patches of the rain still exist on my bedroom ceiling. Mrs Covbob and I were woken at about 3:15 by a steady drip...drip....drip. Further investigation revealed a wet patch on the ceiling necessitating removal of the paper to get a better look. Seems we might have a loose tile - the man is coming to check it this afternoon.

Needless to say, now

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Patches of the rain still exist on my bedroom ceiling. Mrs Covbob and I were woken at about 3:15 by a steady drip...drip....drip. Further investigation revealed a wet patch on the ceiling necessitating removal of the paper to get a better look. Seems we might have a loose tile - the man is coming to check it this afternoon.

Needless to say, now

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch, just for a change

Comment

There we are then, several offices dismantled.

Much junk brought home.

Lentil <pffffft> soup for tea.

My back hurts.

<hiatus>

My back still hurts.

The lentil <pfffft> soup was ok but seemed to lack a certain something.

I seem to have lost my mojo a bit with the lentil <pffffft> soup production in recent months.

Maybe it'll improve as the days shorten a bit.

It would seem that I've taken possession of a machine for making pcbs.

If they want it back they'll have to come & get it.

Feck me, it was awkward.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 August 2018, 18:38.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Twitter finally turned off their streaming APIs completely at 1700 our time today, so I've stopped the server I'd left still running with the old version of my bot.

Well, first I checked that my Chef cookbooks would correctly reconfigure it to run the new version, and they did indeed, which was pleasing

But running both versions side-by-side has confirmed that an AWS micro-sized instance is perfectly capable of doing the needful, so I've switched to one of those.

Now I've increased the rate at which it polls from every fifteen minutes to every five minutes, to see if it threatens to hit the API rate limit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The lentil <pfffft> soup was ok but seemed to lack a certain something.

I seem to have lost my mojo a bit with the lentil <pffffft> soup production in recent months.
              Perhaps it's time to switch to something canned. I recommend this....

Comment

If they want it back they'll have to prize it from my cold dead hands.
                FTFY
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For tea tonight: rack of ribs and chips

Very nice, but it was one of those Sainsbury's ones with a barbecue sauce that's a little too rich, if anything. They're convenient to cook, but I'll probably go back to doing it myself

Comment

This evening's epic was "High Crimes" with Ashely Judd, Morgan "The Voice of God" Freeman, and Jim "Lurch" Caviezel.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257756/

It was pretty good.

They all looked very young, Lurch in particular.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening's epic was "High Crimes" with Ashely Judd, Morgan "The Voice of God" Freeman, and Jim "Lurch" Caviezel.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257756/

It was pretty good.

They all looked very young, Lurch in particular.
                      I liked that one when I watched it in January

No telly tonight, apart from some criminals-on-CCTV show on one of the double-digit channels while I ate dinner, as I'm getting an early night. My mum's going into hospital for a minor(ish) operation tomorrow, and I want to get up early to phone and wish her luck before she heads off at about seven.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X