• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Every year, SJD tells me to complete their Self Assessment questionnaire so they can do my tax return. Then I put it off for ages, because it sounds like a nightmarishly huge task.

Then I finally get around to it and it takes about fifteen minutes, much of which is spent trying to remember my online banking password so I can look up the measly amount of interest the bank gave me. (I always use the phone app with Touch ID, so hardly ever need the password.)

So that's done for another year, and next year I'll have forgotten how easy it was and put it off for weeks all over again

Comment

Sadly, the rain stopped & the endless sun returned.

Though it's not as hot as all that, thank whichever sky fairy is appropriate.

Mithras?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Going dark now, though it doesn’t seem any cooler yet

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Watched E8 of "Low Winter Sun" and wondering if FX will show 9 & 10 as 1 ep next week.

Turns out it's a Septic remake of a UK film, stretching the material until it breaks.

Och, ye'll have had yer tea.

There's been a murrrder.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0788121...nm_flmg_act_56

Then I picked some more blackberries which I've just stewed.

They'll come in handy for tea tomorrow.

Or the next day.

Comment

Apparently it's down to 23°C outside now. Still 29°C in here though

I've even considered getting a Dyson "air cooler" thingy but it turns out they don't actually cool the air - it's just a fan, albeit a fancy one. Not sure I want to spend £400 on a machine for moving hot air around the place, unless it's a balloon and I can at least get a nice view

Comment

Tonight's based-rather-loosely-on-a-true-story experience was Hidden Figures (2016), about three African-American women working as mathematicians at NASA in the early days of the space program. Very good, although after watching it, it's worth taking note of the various distortions of fact described in the Wikipedia section on its historical accuracy. And they should have shown more FORTRAN

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's based-rather-loosely-on-a-true-story experience was Hidden Figures (2016), about three African-American women working as mathematicians at NASA in the early days of the space program. Very good, although after watching it, it's worth taking note of the various distortions of fact described in the Wikipedia section on its historical accuracy. And they should have shown more FORTRAN

Goodnight all
                  Morning.

22.2 deg C in here at the moment, it's about 24 upstairs.

I rather enjoyed that film.

And I'm about a third of the way through the (remaindered in The Works) book which starts a good deal earlier (20 years earlier) than the film.

I note from the rail departures board that the 06:34 is on time again.

It's a great pity that the 07:34 won't achieve the same thing.

Oh, and it's drizzling.

It was doing more than drizzle by the time I left the house.

Oh sweet refreshing rain.

Got quite wet by the time I'd got to the station, and lo! verily the train had two carriages, and instead of a class 153 we had a class 150.

Considering the number of fecking irritating fecking bikes on board, it was just as well.

And it was on time.

Wonders shall never cease.

No good shall come of this.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 July 2018, 07:22.

Comment

Morning all CBS, etc
                    Hot and very humid out, no sign of rain
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

late one today

for some reason local town was really busy so had to take the back roads to get to the motorway

humid hot and really bored now...

may go the pub at lunch n have some beers - just for giggles.

Comment

Working...
                      X