• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much impressed with "The Thin Red Line".

Very long & fairly tedious.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, he swears by Canon. Not sure which of those his latest one is, but it'll be the most expensive one his limited company could afford
      Either one, I’d be happy.

Although I’m fairly happy with the gear I have, shame I can’t write them off to the company.
      The Wife (tm) has just gone to pick up a friend of mine who is a pro yacht photographer. If you own a yacht and want a a photo, you fly her to your boat, hire a chopper and leave her to it. She does the Superyacht Cup, etc as well.
      She has better bodies than me (1DXII, 1DX, 1DIV, 1DIII), but I have better lenses.
      Me, 5DIII, 7DII, 24-70L f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8LIS II, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6LIS II, 50 f/1.8 I, 100 f/2.8 LHIS Macro, oh and the other one... 500 f/4L IS.

I guess your friend is using a 24 f/1.4L - a beauty I’ve used in the Arctic Circle, but only ever borrowed, never owned.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        that's a bit harsh, even by CUK standards. just 'cos you got a dodgy kebab??
        I never actually went there, possibly because I knew it had been converted from a public lavatory

Some shopkeepers round here have very strange ideas about how insurance works…

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Either one, I’d be happy.

Although I’m fairly happy with the gear I have, shame I can’t write them off to the company.
          The Wife (tm) has just gone to pick up a friend of mine who is a pro yacht photographer. If you own a yacht and want a a photo, you fly her to your boat, hire a chopper and leave her to it. She does the Superyacht Cup, etc as well.
          She has better bodies than me (1DXII, 1DX, 1DIV, 1DIII), but I have better lenses.
          Me, 5DIII, 7DII, 24-70L f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8LIS II, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6LIS II, 50 f/1.8 I, 100 f/2.8 LHIS Macro, oh and the other one... 500 f/4L IS.

I guess your friend is using a 24 f/1.4L - a beauty I’ve used in the Arctic Circle, but only ever borrowed, never owned.
          Just looked at the EXIF data, which says, with a few bits like his name redacted:

Aperture Value: 5.625
          Color Space: sRGB
          Components Configuration: 1, 2, 3, 0
          Custom Rendered: Normal process
          Date Time Digitized: 20 Jul 2018 at 14:32:23
          Date Time Original: 20 Jul 2018 at 14:32:23
          Exif Version: 2.3
          Exposure Bias Value: 0
          Exposure Mode: Manual exposure
          Exposure Program: Manual
          Exposure Time: 1/1600
          Flash: Off, did not fire
          FlashPix Version: 1.0
          FNumber: 7.1
          Focal Length: 70
          Focal Plane Resolution Unit: inches
          Focal Plane X Resolution: 5,991.724
          Focal Plane Y Resolution: 6,002.073
          Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 640
          Lens Model: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
          Lens Serial Number: 0000000000
          Lens Specification: 70, 200, 0, 0
          Max Aperture Value: 3
          Metering Mode: Pattern
          Pixel X Dimension: 5,792
          Pixel Y Dimension: 8,688
          RecommendedExposureIndex: 640
          Scene Capture Type: Standard
          SensitivityType: Recommended exposure index (REI)
          Shutter Speed Value: 1/1579
          Subject Distance: 49.79
          Sub-second Time: 40
          Sub-second Time Digitized: 40
          Sub-second Time Original: 40
          White Balance: Auto white balance
          Firmware: 1.1.1
          Flash Compensation: 0
          Image Number: 0
          Lens ID: 224
          Lens Info: 70, 200, 0, 0
          Lens Model: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
          Lens Serial Number: 0000000000

Comment

A MkI 70-220 f/2.8L IS? I used to have one of them. Stunning lens.
            They’ve just brought out the MkIII (and I don’t know how it could beat the MkII, which somehow was better than the MkI)

Oh, and tell him to update his firmware. 1.1.2 has been out for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              A MkI 70-220 f/2.8L IS? I used to have one of them. Stunning lens.
              They’ve just brought out the MkIII (and I don’t know how it could beat the MkII, which somehow was better than the MkI)

Oh, and tell him to update his firmware. 1.1.2 has been out for a year.
              I'm sure he'll do it when he feels the time is right - he used to do a lot of IT-related stuff, so he's well up on the technical side of things

Comment

I'm sure he'll do it when he feels the time is right - he used to do a lot of IT-related stuff, so he's well up on the technical side of things
                I check the firmware on mine each year when I re-register for CPN, or before a big trip. Rarely ever makes a difference, but if you send your gear in for a clean, they’ll update it then too.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  that's a bit harsh, even by CUK standards. just 'cos you got a dodgy kebab??
                  I never actually went there, possibly because I knew it had been converted from a public lavatory
                  Mmmm….toilet kebabs....

Comment

The only telly tonight was a bit of some C4 stuff about helicopter paramedics, followed by something about the police, whilst eating dinner and digesting after.

After that, I finished Squadron Leader Geoffrey Wellum's WWII memoir First Light, which I decided to reread after hearing of his death last Wednesday.

Off to have my ears gouged clean of earwax, if any, by the nurse next door in the morning. Hopefully there won't be much; if there's a lot, I have to reschedule my appointment with the audiologist on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Goodnight all

Comment

Monday morning....

Yay

Comment

Working...
                      X