• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight, I tried rewatching The Andromeda Strain (1971). However, two problems with it.

First, it's actually rather slow-moving and I was getting bored after about an hour.

Second, they make it seem scientific by having assorted nonsense coming over the Tannoy inside the secret place all the time: "R level in Sector Kappa Three One is Negative Seven P" and suchlike gubbins. Normally, one can just ignore this as the background noise it's supposed to be. But some genius has decided to put the whole lot in the subtitles, meaning the dialog is constantly interspersed with this dross, making it impossible to ignore

So I'll wait until after the hearing clinic before bothering to watch the rest, which is at least the bit where the interesting stuff happens

Instead, I watched a further episode from the final season of The Americans.

Goodnight all

Comment

Howdy Pilgrims, how't the progress going?

Yesterday's tea was boiled beef, carrots and onions.

Having judged the quantity of cornflour more or less correctly it was rather nice.

Needed to get some comestibles in the evening and yet another walk down town seemed a little excessive so got in the car & drove to Morrisons.

Ticket machine (in a supermarket carpark) refused each & every coin so I fecked off & went to Tesco instead where one doesn't require a) a pound for the carpark, and b) a pound for the fecking trolley.

TV consisted largely of the fairly tedious extras in "Basic".

I note that it's quite cold out there this morning.

And the fridge is down to 8 degrees C today which bodes well for the remaining milk.

Off to catch the train shortly, which I note is already 2 minutes late.

Ah. I see it's 3 minutes late now.

Having staggered down to the station somewhat late because of posting the above, the train was 4 minutes late.

Happily I avoided stabbing the oik who seemed to think it was ok to stand too close to me, and the pongy chap who gets on at Llansamlet with his ?granddaughter? seems to have discovered deodorant.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2018, 07:27.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Cloudy overnight, but the sky is clearing now.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Summer has resumed in the Republik of Mancunia.

Have a good one peeps.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Indeed it has.

Having fun here..

Everything needs to be done now, today or at least in the next month - which is August when everyone is on holiday

like they are every year

and nothing will get done

like it doesn't every year

and someone will stamp their feet and cry

like they do every year

and eventually someone with a brain will snap and ask them why they are so fookin stupid and do they not expect people with families to take a holiday during the school holidays - like they do every year.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather a good night's sleep, that - feeling quite refreshed

Though, to be fair, a chunk of the best sleep was really this morning; one of those "Maybe I should get up now" *goes out like a light* scenarios

Rather grey again, so not too hot, if still warm

Comment

and it seems my first face to face was a no. The 12 pages of technical tests I took too long on.

Apparently they have had the position open for a few months, they aren't desperate enough to hire me yet! I will laugh if I see it advertised again.

I'm going to have to be nice to agents again!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Haven't seen BR14 here in a while. Maybe he hasn't realised his seven day ban is over?
                  Nah, i knew, - just couldn't be arsed

Sunny here again. getting somewhat tiresome, really.
                  England's green and pleasant land is becoming brown and not so pleasant

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    And the first one was dire! I say that as someone who has all Jack Reacher books and 2 signed copies.

They should have let Lee Child have his choice for Jack Reacher - a 6 foor 5 inch ex-marine. Not a dwarf....
                    I agree wholeheartedly, - i couldn't take the dwarf seriously enough to watch the whole film.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Nah, i knew, - just couldn't be arsed

Sunny here again. getting somewhat tiresome, really.
                      England's green and pleasant land is becoming brown and not so pleasant

Comment

Working...
                      X