• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    and it seems my first face to face was a no. The 12 pages of technical tests I took too long on.

Apparently they have had the position open for a few months, they aren't desperate enough to hire me yet! I will laugh if I see it advertised again.

I'm going to have to be nice to agents again!
    Their loss

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Just changed the bed, so those people who say I don't get enough exercise can sod off

Comment

Last of the roast pork in a butty with a bag of crisps for lunch

I noticed yesterday that there's still a little roast beef in the freezer, originally intended for lunch at ClientCo. It never got used because due to travelling to London for the AWS Summit on the final Thursday, I had two petrol station lunch days down there in the final week. I'll use it up tomorrow, if I remember.

Comment

Just changed the bed, so those people who say I don't get enough exercise can sod off
            Who said that? It is well known you walk alot. From the Car to Greggs at least....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              And the first one was dire! I say that as someone who has all Jack Reacher books and 2 signed copies.

They should have let Lee Child have his choice for Jack Reacher - a 6 foor 5 inch ex-marine. Not a dwarf....

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              I agree wholeheartedly, - i couldn't take the dwarf seriously enough to watch the whole film.
              Never having read the books, I rather enjoyed its total ridiculousness.

If that's a word and I'm thinking of the right Tom Cruise film since they're all sort of melding together due to my incipient alzheimer's

Oh yes.

That one.

I'd conflated it with another more ridiculous actioner* of his.

I thought it was ok.

In general, specifically, it's not the muscle bound 250lb guys you need to watch, it's the little ones.

*this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013743...nm_flmg_act_13

Strewth it was warm on the stagger home.

Tea, this evening, will be lentil <pfffft> soup followed by stewed red gooseberries with icecream (BBE9/2013), and Birds Custard.

Yum.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2018, 16:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Who said that? It is well known you walk alot. From the Car to Greggs at least....
                Greggs is only a couple of hundred yards up the road from home - no car required!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Never having read the books, I rather enjoyed its total ridiculousness.

If that's a word and I'm thinking of the right Tom Cruise film since they're all sort of melding together due to my incipient alzheimer's

Oh yes.

That one.

I'd conflated it with another more ridiculous actioner* of his.

I thought it was ok.

In general, specifically, it's not the muscle bound 250lb guys you need to watch, it's the little ones.
                  That's what I thought

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Ah, I've got that one in the "unwatched" pile - might give it a spin this weekend

Comment

I decided not to go shopping this afternoon, but to wait till this evening.

Now I'm sitting here unwilling to start doing anything as "I'll have to stop soon to go shopping"

Comment

That's what I thought

Ah, I've got that one in the "unwatched" pile - might give it a spin this weekend

It must be said that it does rather require the suspension of disbelief, but none the less enjoyable for that.

As is usually the case, I had the compulsory 2 copies & watched them both, mostly by accident & only realised about 5 minutes in at which point I just continued.

Tea was rather nice, the combination of that unpleasantly sweet & salty lentil <pfffft> soup with last week's effort seems to go quite well.

I suspect the custard was just a tad thick, but the added stewed gooseberries and icecream made up for it rather well.

Tempted to go & pick some blackberries this evening in the event I can be arsed, like.

It's just as well I have piles towers of dvds coz there's bugger all on the box.

300 channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2018, 17:28.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X