• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's entertainment was "The Ladykillers", this time sans Alec Guinness & Peter Sellers who were replaced by Tom Hanks et al.

It's not a patch on the 1955 version (quelle surprise there then).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335245/

Some of it was watched in FF to get through the endless eloquence of the character played by Mr Hanks.

There were some funny moments but not nearly as many as one might imagine.

And, oddly enough "****" and "mother****er" and "n*gga" do tend to get a trifle tedious after a while.

Coen brothers film which explains a lot.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s entertainment:
      1. BBC publish a comment of mine regarding England Rugby and Australian Cricket
      2. Gout

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Tonight’s entertainment:
        2. Gout

TFBSZ
        1. Good
        2. Ouch!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Utterly fantastic.

The "free" Gerber viewer is no longer "free".

So that's knackered that then.

To add to the endless joy, the H&S feckwhit wants to know about signage for the new lab.

WTF do I know about that?

feckall, like normal.
          Time to employ the Google Guru!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Tonight’s entertainment:
            2. Gout

TFBSZ
            2. To the doctor's with you

Since they put me on allopurinol, I've not had an attack. Fingers crossed

Comment

Tonight's movie magic was Ocean's 11 (1960), which I probably saw many years ago but didn't remember. It's pretty good, though I doubt if a modern heist movie could get away with spending an hour on light comedy for getting the gang together before the plan is revealed. (I'll find out when I watch the more recent version, I suppose.)

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight's movie magic was Ocean's 11 (1960), which I probably saw many years ago but didn't remember. It's pretty good, though I doubt if a modern heist movie could get away with spending an hour on light comedy for getting the gang together before the plan is revealed. (I'll find out when I watch the more recent version, I suppose.)

Goodnight all
                Thanks to FF, one may avoid listening to SDJ doing his singing which appears early on for no very good reason.

The remake is ok.

The following one is crap, the 3rd is better than crap but not as good as the first.

Sunny.

Blue skies, slightly overcast.

28.9 deg C when I came in.

29 deg C now.

The max temp in my laundry room yesterday was 33.6 deg C.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2018, 08:25.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Who turned off the sun?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning

Sunny, not shiite today in BD1. Huge donut marks on the tarmac outside clientco, but no burnt out car this time. It must be elsewhere.

Comment

Morning denizens

Some cloud overnight and early on, I understand, but it's gone now and the day is starting to heat up - it's forecast to go from the current 20°C to 27°C in the next two hours

Might leave the shopping till later in the evening

Comment

Working...
                      X