• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped down to M&S to take advantage of some Sparks card offers that expired today. Probably cost me more to go there and back than I saved, but money off bacon is always something to be encouraged

Saved £4.50 on a ~£30 shop in the end, and didn't actually buy anything I don't need (for certain values of need)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Rain has well and truly arrived. As has the thunder. And the terrified dog.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzo..._animation=now

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/rad...=51.2&lon=-0.3
      Judging by the radar, one might get a little damp on the trudge home.

And no electric welding in the rain.

Ho hum.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Popped down to M&S to take advantage of some Sparks card offers that expired today. Probably cost me more to go there and back than I saved, but money off bacon is always something to be encouraged

Saved £4.50 on a ~£30 shop in the end, and didn't actually buy anything I don't need (for certain values of need)
      I'm not sure I've ever spent more than £30 in M&S, despite their kind offer every time I buy my M&S fish there.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Judging by the radar, one might get a little damp on the trudge home.

And no electric welding in the rain.

Ho hum.
        And I perceive it may be a precipitous perambulation with the pug to the pub tonight.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Amazon have finally caught up with companies like DPD and have a map on their order tracking page showing where the delivery driver is!

Though in my case he's delivering to the locker at the petrol station, so I could go up the road and watch him do that when he gets here, but probably won't bother

Comment

For some unfathomable reason, the cleaners just decided to plug the Henry into the one socket in the house that they shouldn't use.

...the one the main router is connected into.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For some unfathomable reason, the cleaners just decided to plug the Henry into the one socket in the house that they shouldn't use.

Time to adorn the plug with some insulating tape forming an × that'll ruin the wallpaper if somebody tries to remove it and a note in red biro capital letters saying DO NOT UNPLUG

Comment

Is it wrong to wish someone would hurry up and die?

BIL been in hospice since Sunday. Only 52. Melanoma. We saw him on Thursday and he was pretty much sleeping. Apparently he perked up after that and was able to hold brief conversations, and appeared to know what was going on. But we got a call at lunchtime to say it's 'imminent'. Feels like waiting at the dentist.

Make the most of every day folks, you never know when it's going to be snatched away from you.

And wear sunscreen.

Comment

Lucky the iron lung wasn't plugged in there then.

That's the favourite.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Is it wrong to wish someone would hurry up and die?
                  Nope.

Had those phonecalls for both parents & wasn't there for either.

In other news, despite the incredible humidity there was no rain on the trudge home.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2018, 17:36.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Three ugly babies left, but looking strong.

Nice 'poo sack' shot at the end of the video

Comment

That reminds me, I was planning to watch Total Recall (1990) again sometime

Comment

Working...
                      X