• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I watched the big short.

Astonishing how all the same "mistakes" are being repeated.

Only way to to join them.
    I take it you mean this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596363/

Just remember that if you hear the famous phrase or saying "It's different this time" then run for the hills for verily the sky is falling.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've just done the M$ updation on all the computers in the lab, mostly because I'm so fecking bored I could spit.

Comment

Permie life is far better than expected. 1 to 1s are monthly, brief and the line manager considers them a pain in the ass thrust upon us by HR too.

Home by 5:30 every night, no worries about instakill no-notice whims, rate cuts or booking hotels and trains. Hop in car, travel 7 miles, park in my own allocated parking bay and (almost) enjoy.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Nearly at Luton on the journey south. Near the start of my travels I noticed the pie factory at South Wigston has been demolished, which is quite apt when on my way to an event about Barney Farmer’s Drunken Baker

Comment

The gooseberry layer (2012) has been located in the freezer.

A nice load of extremely green gooseberries are stewing as I type.

Must remember to sugar them coz they iz a bit tart, like.

Comment

15 pints of rhubarb jam all in the pan, slowly heating up
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

18 jars of jam done.

well, I say "jars", 13 are normal jam jars and 5 are 1/2 litre Kilners.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The gooseberry layer (2012) has been located in the freezer.

A nice load of extremely green gooseberries are stewing as I type.

Must remember to sugar them coz they iz a bit tart, like.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  15 pints of rhubarb jam all in the pan, slowly heating up
                  The mumsnet force is strong, here, tonight

Comment

This evening's entertainment was S2E8 of "Timeless", followed by "Ricochet" with Denzel Washington, John Lithgow, and Ice T.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102789/

It was rather good.

The dvd was scratched to buggery but still managed to play ok apart from a couple of stutters.

TFIF tomorrow.

I don't know how much more of this interminable tulipe I can tolerate.

Comment

Well, that was a remarkable evening

Not sure how to describe it, given that he started by explaining how he wasn’t doing any of the things one might expect it to be, and didn’t. But whatever it was, was excellent

Made the InterCity 125 back by the skin of my teeth after a high speed walk through Bloomsbury. Another minute and I’d have had to take one of those Meridian trains that always stink of tulip

Comment

Working...
                      X