• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I should ever find myself in the Ukraine, I will visit this restaurant

Comment

I remember General Lard when he was just a Corporal. Bloody good soldier he was too. Put in a lot of effort, but I always thought he was a little fat.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Sausage and bacon cob with red sauce for lunch

Comment

Stone me it's warm out there today.

<DS in "phew wot a scorcher" mode>

Have I mentioned that the Strangelove graves are looking pretty naff.

The parents' grave, despite all the stuff I planted, seems to grow equisetum and nothing else.

Even the forgetmenots have died.

The grandparents' grave is a little better, it's growing couch grass like it's going out of fashion.

Ho hum.

The other grandparents' grave is one of those with little stones, so as long as I pull the weeds up & kill the moss, it doesn't look too bad.

The aunt's grave can't be reached at this time of year due to the presence of siberian tigers in the japanese knotweed plantation.

And how does one rid a lawn of clover?
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not that keen on this warm weather, TBQH

Bit of drizzle is what we need

Comment

Knocked together a quick script to iterate over the Monday Links tag pages and fetch a copy of all 439 sets of links, saving them to AWS S3. Next up is going over those to get all the text indexed, and build a Monday Links search engine

I need this because it's got to the point where stuff I've already posted years ago can turn up somewhere else - even on a different site - and Google isn't as good at indexing stuff as it used to be. I check using a search for site:forums.contractoruk.com intitle:"monday links" plus whatever keywords seem relevant, but from time to time such searches don't return relevant things that I know for a fact are there, and can find via different keywords. So a custom search engine seems like the obvious solution
                Last edited by NickFitz; 28 May 2018, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Knocked together a quick script to iterate over the Monday Links tag pages and fetch a copy of all 439 sets of links, saving them to AWS S3. Next up is going over those to get all the text indexed, and build a Monday Links search engine

I need this because it's got to the point where stuff I've already posted years ago can turn up somewhere else - even on a different site - and Google isn't as good at indexing stuff as it used to be. I check using a search for site:forums.contractoruk.com intitle:"monday links" plus whatever keywords seem relevant, but from time to time such searches don't return relevant things that I know for a fact are there, and can find via different keywords. So a custom search engine seems like the obvious solution
                  You DO need to get out more, old son

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    You DO need to get out more, old son
                    In this weather? Not likely

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In this weather? Not likely
                      Afraid of being thunderstruck?

Comment

Working...
                      X