• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast rib of beef sandwich for lunch, again

I ought to be getting fed up with this beef, but it's too nice - though I'd be annoyed if it wasn't, given how much it cost

Comment

Trip to Buyology to get some plumbing odds & sods.

Trip to Toolstation to get a hydraulic accumulator that's designed to stop water hammer, which is a problem with both washing machines.

Trip to B&Q to get a brass splitter so both machines can connect to the water at the same time.

Trip to Tesco Llansamlet since I was in the area.

Fitting said accumulator nearly cross threaded on the el cheapo machine.

Ended up with the accumulator on the cold water tap connection, then feeding the Y, then feeding the machines.

Only took an hour to stop it leaking.

Eventually found I'd left a sealing washer out.

But it seems to do what it says on the tin.

Fish for tea. (Again).

Lamb for tomorrow, as I especially bought some more since I don't trust what comes out of the freezer at the moment.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mr C replaced our toilet symphony this morning.

Which actually lasted into the afternoon as a vital washer disintegrated and we had to go out to buy another one.

But no (big) leaks thus far, so I’m off to get my glad rags for an early jaunt to his favourite beer garden as a celebration.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Had a glance back through the heart rate data accumulated by my Apple Watch since January. During days when I was working at ClientCo, my heart rate was consistently at its highest between around seven and half eight in the morning, and around half four and six in the afternoon - those being the times when I was driving there and back along the A14

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Had a glance back through the heart rate data accumulated by my Apple Watch since January. During days when I was working at ClientCo, my heart rate was consistently at its highest between around seven and half eight in the morning, and around half four and six in the afternoon - those being the times when I was driving there and back along the A14
            My heart rate tends to peak when i'm on stage, playing drums.
            funnily enough, my happiness index tends to peak then, too,
            i think i'll retire from IT now, unless someone offers me something interesting i can service from home.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              My heart rate tends to peak when i'm on stage, playing drums.
              funnily enough, my happiness index tends to peak then, too,
              i think i'll retire from IT now, unless someone offers me something interesting i can service from home.
              I don't think my heart rate was peaking on the A14 because I was enjoying myself

Now I've had a couple of weeks off, I need to start thinking of some stuff that will allow me to generate income without having to go places. Reducing or eliminating the amount of time I have to work at client sites would be a good thing not just in terms of reducing stress, but in view of the Treasury's obvious intention to do to private sector contracting what they've already done in the public sector

Comment

I don't think my heart rate was peaking on the A14 because I was enjoying myself

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese
                    Oh, dear, - is it saturday already?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Oh, dear, - is it saturday already?
                      Sure is

In the Chinese
                      And very nice it was

Much kerfuffle while I was there after a big order had been received, prepared, and dispatched - only for the delivery driver to find nobody at home, or at least not answering the door.

When I arrived he was headed back with it, and Janet the manager was bemoaning the foolishness of people who do such things.

Then just before he got back the person who'd placed the order phoned his mobile (I assume he'd left his number there) - it seems they'd placed the order when they had in the vague belief that they'd get home before it arrived, and had underestimated the efficiency of both the chef and the driver

He stopped in anyway to explain what had happened and grab himself a can of pop before heading back over there. I think Janet told him to hang on a minute and was going to phone them up and tell them she'd be sticking an extra delivery charge on their bill for the hassle caused, which seems fair enough

Comment

Working...
                      X