• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mum's been out and got her first hearing aids fitted today, and is very pleased with them. And when she got home, there was a letter from the council saying she's been approved for a blue badge, so she now gets free parking without having to take my Dad (who's had a blue badge for years, having got one when deafness was considered enough of a disability to entitle you to one) along

Comment

I just replaced the manky, yellowy 60W-equivalent energy saving light bulb in the kitchen with a 100W-equivalent LED daylight bulb, and it makes an incredible difference! It's like I've been blundering around using a rushlight all this time

Comment

Mini rant at Miele...
        Washing machine door hinged on the right.
        Tumble drier door hinged on the left.
        When one in stacked on top of the other, it's awkward to get at them.

Why aren't both doors hung the same way?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Mini rant at Miele...

Are you sure you haven't got one of them upside down?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Mini rant at Miele...

You can change the hinge on the tumble dryer
            https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/156...=200020219-ZGT

Comment

Beat me to it. Think you can do that with most white goods,
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                You can change the hinge on the tumble dryer
                https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/156...=200020219-ZGT
                Unfortunately not on the one we have

https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/tum...name=TDA_150_C
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And I've got something in the slow cooker, although I'm not sure what it'll turn out to be, involving a couple of beef ribs left over from Monday's lunch with the parents. It'll probably become soup, but stock is also an option.
                  It's turning into beef and lentil soup with the addition of a pound of braising steak I remembered I had in the freezer, diced and fried with a healthy splash of Worcester before being slung into the mix

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's turning into beef and lentil soup with the addition of a pound of braising steak I remembered I had in the freezer, diced and fried with a healthy splash of Worcester before being slung into the mix
                    bung a couple of scotch bonnets in it, - that'll wake you up

Comment

As the soup wasn't going to be ready for another couple of hours, another solution for dinner was required. So I went for a walk, being careful to take a route that included coming past the Chinese on the home straight

Comment

Working...
                      X