• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This is Celery, RabbitMQ, AWS RDS (Postgres), and Django all conspiring together to play silly buggers

Time for a beer and some telly, I reckon
    Bit late for cooking Nick, even for you!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Bit late for cooking Nick, even for you!
      Cooking would have been preferable, even if I'd had to gut the rabbit!

Continuing the culinary theme, realising that it was a problem I'd already found the solution to but had forgotten about while in hospital was the icing on the cake

Comment

OK swing assembled with help from Micro V. (well what counts for help from a 4 year old).

Tip run done.

2 locks fixed, 1 badly fitted and the other suffering from weatherstripping pushing it out of position.

Plumbing partially done.

Back to work for a rest tomorrow.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

having trouble getting pie, chips and beans to synchronise.
          maybe some HP sauce?

Comment

That's the database stuff sorted out, including backing out various bits of debug output I'd scattered through the code during the "WTF?" period yesterday when I hadn't realised it was something Amazon had broken

All working again now. Time for dinner, and then a film.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Tonight I finally got around to watching a film I'd saved up for the Christmas season, but things got in the way. So, finally: War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), the stirring tale of the apes, under the leadership of Caesar, trying to make the world a better place and the overwhelming majority of humans just trying to screw things up for everyone. As usual

Excellent stuff, and one of these days I'll get around to setting aside seven hours or so for the original plan of watching all three of the films in one go

Then some more of The Americans.

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
                    Just under 4 hours door to door yesterday from Padstow to home. Averaging 62mph and 42.8mpg for the 238 miles.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

WFH today as have been infected with the lurgy at client co.

Anyone seen a lung lying around anywhere. I appear to have misplaced one.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X