• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend has suggested a visit to a local pub and microbrewery later

So I'm going to skip the Chinese tonight. I'd just finish up feeling so full that I wouldn't want to walk ten minutes up the road, at exactly the time I'll have to leave

If he'd suggested it earlier, I would have eaten by now, but I'm just going to make an omelette and maybe have some strawberries and ice cream after

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just overdosed on NZ motorway patrols, NZ highway patrols (i.e. sheep country), NZ customs (the usual Japanese nutjobs doing strange things along with the odd septic or two), and a repeat of the Oz customs thing that I am now bored with watching, followed by the same sort of thing about the city of London plod.

This latter comes as such a complete & utter contrast to the NZ stuff, so much so as to be from a different planet.

No wonder so many of the NZ cops are escapees from here.

The NZ drugs dog found some dumb Septic horse buyer who had, in a fit of insanity, taped 20gm of weed between his bollocks & his arse.

Which cost him about NZ$800 or so.

The Japanese nutjob had been busy in New Caledonia capturing lizards & insects so he could take them back to Nippon to add to his collection of pickled wildlife.

The NZ customs officer was as disgusted as I was.

And I can understand why the 0.1%ers are busily buying up boltholes in NZ ready for the end times.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 8 July 2017, 22:18.

Comment

Back from the pub, which officially closes at midnight, but they tend to call last orders around half eleven, and aim to get you out around midnight. I've always figured that the declared closing time plus twenty minutes should be the earliest time you get kicked out, but fair enough - I know their ways, so I wasn't taken aback or anything

We were reminiscing about schoolday adventures with explosives, among other subjects. Back then it was pretty much taken for granted that young people would learn that you could make explosives out of things like weedkiller and fertiliser, and would proceed to do so.

My mate recounted the time when, in the after-school science club, they ignited a large rocket (~6 feet long) filled with home-made weedkiller-based fuel on the playing fields. Unfortunately, the igniter had been pushed too far up inside and, when initiated, the top of the rocket blew off and flew away, landing some distance off, while the rest of the rocket remained in situ, fizzling furiously from both ends. The level of combustion achieved wasn't sufficient to consume all of the combustible material, and a light breeze caused any excess to be spread across the surrounding area as the thing gradually fizzled out.

It so happened that they'd chosen to situate the launch pad on the centre circle, and indeed centre spot, of the First XI football pitch. As a result, the grass on that part of the pitch and for a good many yards downwind all died within a few days, and nothing would grow there for many months after

The after-school science club was shut down after that

Comment

I watched Passengers again, as it had been a while since I first watched it and I thought it was worth revisiting. It's pretty good, but not groundbreaking, though the special effects are worth the price of admission

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              We were reminiscing about schoolday adventures with explosives, among other subjects. Back then it was pretty much taken for granted that young people would learn that you could make explosives out of things like weedkiller and fertiliser, and would proceed to do so.
              Ah them were the days.

It's a miracle we still have all our fingers.

Comment

hungover
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Cycle round the Orme done.

Comment

Morning all beautiful morning here, the dog has been walked and now I'm about to cook brunch.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X