• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chips for tea

I keep eating salad for lunch.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Fish pie.

Comment

Mussels & cider mmmmm
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This evening's entertainment was "The 5th element" with Bruce Willis, Ian Holm, et al.

Le cinquième élément (1997) - IMDb

Most of Chris Tucker's work was deftly improved by the use of the FF & mute buttons.

The deletion of most of his scenes and a tightening up of the middle would have improved the film no end.

It would have been good at 100 mins instead of 122.

Comment

BBQ ribs and chips

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              This evening's entertainment was "The 5th element" with Bruce Willis, Ian Holm, et al.

Le cinquième élément (1997) - IMDb

Most of Chris Tucker's work was deftly improved by the use of the FF & mute buttons.

The deletion of most of his scenes and a tightening up of the middle would have improved the film no end.

It would have been good at 100 mins instead of 122.
              One of those films I've never seen in full, though I've sometimes caught a bit of the end when coming in from the pub, and that kind of thing. I really should watch it from the beginning some time

Comment

Fresh mackerel done on the barbecue with salad veg from the garden (romaine lettuce, sugar snap peas, radishes, beetroot).
                Might have accidentally bought a speaker on eBay, and then realised that the seller was near a guitar shop I like. Told the seller not to ship it, but I'd pick it up on Thursday evening. By coincidence, the guitar shop is open late on Thursday and has a 2nd hand guitar in stock that I've been searching for for a while.

...suggestions on how I explain what happens next to The Wife (tm)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  One of those films I've never seen in full, though I've sometimes caught a bit of the end when coming in from the pub, and that kind of thing. I really should watch it from the beginning some time
                  Just avoid the bits with Chris Tucker in & you'll be fine.

It doesn't stand comparison with "Leon" it must be said, a much much better film in oh so many ways.

It was worth the 99p I paid for it, mostly thanks to the FF button.

I see from IMDB that many seem to share my view of Mr Tucker.

Apparently his part was a piss take of Prince (or sigil or whatever the feck he was calling himself at the time).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    ...suggestions on how I explain what happens next to The Wife (tm)
                    Just turn it up to 11.

She'll understand.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Just avoid the bits with Chris Tucker in & you'll be fine.

It doesn't stand comparison with "Leon" it must be said, a much much better film in oh so many ways.

It was worth the 99p I paid for it, mostly thanks to the FF button.

I see from IMDB that many seem to share my view of Mr Tucker.

Apparently his part was a piss take of Prince (or sigil or whatever the feck he was calling himself at the time).
                      When the lass who used to live upstairs was moving out, she left a box of DVDs in the hall for a couple of days with a sign telling us to help ourselves before she took them to a charity shop. The only one that caught my fancy (apart from a couple I already had) was Leon. I must get around to watching that, too

In other film-related news, my complaint to Apple about the missing subtitles on Kill Bill vol. 2 has now been taken over by a Senior Advisor, who is referring the matter to the Content Team. I daresay they'll just remove the "CC" icon from the film's page in the iTunes Store, rather than going to the trouble of replacing it, but I've got my money back so it's academic to me really

I also noticed that on Amazon, the Blu-ray is available in two versions with what appears to be the same cover except for a tiny difference in branding. One of these versions has subtitles, the other doesn't. And the one with subtitles is cheaper than the one without

Comment

Working...
                      X