• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Any styling that looks like it's been cribbed from a photograph of a Victorian philanthropist is a dead giveaway
    They all pretty much nicked the style wholesale from the DJ Andrew Weatherall anyway.

He was dressing like that for years and years, I know, as I didn't live that far from him in East London.
    We also had him DJ at a couple of small soirees we put on in Cornwall.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Morning!
      Bit too old to be a trendsetter
      Never too old.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Now that's interesting - lets see what will happen...
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Phone call from the garage. Unsurprisingly, they've found stuff that needs doing over and above the stated cost

Though it's primarily the rear brakes, and I've suspected they're not quite right for a while now - nothing dangerous, just misadjustment causing too much wear, which turns out to be exactly the problem from what they said. So I'd already assumed there was going to be some extra expenditure there anyway

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Not saying anything at all - you'll have to wait and see (as will I) but I'm not giving any clues.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Not saying anything at all - you'll have to wait and see (as will I) but I'm not giving any clues.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

And another ZeitMiracle(tm).

One of the esteemed customers has been struggling for weeks to get an infrared object detection system to work.

So far he's using 2 resistors, an IR LED, and an IR phototransistor.

It works over about 2 inches.

The ZeitMiracleObjectDetector(tm) which uses a 555, a transistor, an IR LED, a phototransistor and a dual opamp in a bandpass filter, works over about a metre if you add in a cheapo plastic lens.

Without the lens the range is about a foot or so.

So there are benefits from 40+ years of potching about.

And it's relieved my endless tedium for an hour or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  I've lost it........finally .

I'm going to cash in all my, previously hard earned, CUK luncheon vouchers in a vain attempt to redeem myself
                  £10's worth and NLYUK will make your day!

£20 and she will make your hole weak.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    £10's worth and NLYUK will make your day!

£20 and she will make your hole weak.
                    Ah. Her favourite "strapadicktome" option.

I suppose there's always the anal tightening operation for afterwards.

Comment

The broken flush handle and related linkages have been removed from the toilet. I don't suppose the car expected to celebrate its service with a trip to B&Q to buy toilet components, but that's what's happening.

According to a YouTube video, the size of the hole it fits through isn't standardised, but maybe they're talking about the US as all the ones I've seen online seem to be the same size. Anyway, I'm taking the remains of the old mechanism for comparison.

And as the siphon itself is definitely past its best, the whole lot will have to be replaced at some point, those parts having already been obtained when it stopped working for a day or so the other year; but I can't be bothered with that today

Comment

Working...
                      X