• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DietCokeMan View Post
    May I ask a question?

Is anyone else amazed by Amazon delivery? I just bought the wife a Christmas present and it was delivered to my house whilst I was out, it was just left on the doorstep and according to the web site I signed for it!!

It cost just under £300, surely people just say they never received it and get another one?

It's madness?
    Our house is a classic 30's semi where the front door is set back into the hall, forming a porch type thing. On several parcels this has become "secure front porch" - which it is, except for the fact it has no doors, windows and is visible from the road.

Still, nobody is yet to beat Yodel who left a parcel in the middle of my ******* garage roof along with a delivery note that GCHQ wouldn't be able to interpret - took me two hours to find the thing.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        This is why I have stuff delivered to an Amazon Locker whenever possible. "Amazon Logistics" is actually shorthand for "Amazon subcontracting to the lowest bidder", so it's hardly surprising that delivery drivers on minimum wage with massive pressure to complete an impossible round don't really give a damn; and it seems that somehow, Amazon still manages to find it worthwhile to accept the level of loss/theft/scamming that results.

There's somebody I follow on Twitter whose husband worked as an Amazon delivery driver for a few weeks earlier in the year. The hours were insane due to the number of deliveries he was supposed to make each shift being far too high. And they didn't even manage to pay him his meagre wages on time - as I recall, it was getting on for eight weeks before he finally got paid, despite being on a zero-hours contract that was supposed to be paid weekly.

Then some idiot rear-ended his van on the M62 and he ended up being taken away on a spinal board with a fractured vertebra in his neck. He's OK now, but from what she said, he regarded breaking his neck as something of a relief because it meant that he didn't have to deliver parcels for Amazon anymore. (No sick pay, of course.)
        Sounds about right, I have no problem paying reasonable fees for delivery but unfortunately if we did I suspect the money would be paid to "Vendor in tax haven Inc" not the delivery drivers. I believe that this is why we need a government that would control such abuse.

Technically Amazon are brilliant, I'm not happy with the way they and others like them treat some of their staff.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Evening all Got up at 6am on Sunday, now just about ready for bed.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Email from the city council's electoral registration people saying they've received information that I've moved and they're planning to remove me from the electoral register

Donald Trump does realise that I can't vote in US elections, doesn't he?

Emailed them back to confirm that I'm still here and not going anywhere, adding "Please tell whoever gave you this incorrect information that they’re an idiot."

Comment

Email from the city council's electoral registration people saying they've received information that I've moved and they're planning to remove me from the electoral register

Donald Trump does realise that I can't vote in US elections, doesn't he?

Emailed them back to confirm that I'm still here and not going anywhere, adding "Please tell whoever gave you this incorrect information that they’re an idiot."
                ?Attempted Identity Theft?

Alternatively, the pod people have arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  ?Attempted Identity Theft?
                  Could be

Not sure who'd want to be me though. Might be some confusion arising from the lass upstairs moving out recently. They didn't have a new address for me or anything.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Alternatively, the pod people have arrived.
                  Probably that

Comment

That's my voting in the CUK Awards 2016 done, so you can all stop canvassing me now

Comment

That's my voting in the CUK Awards 2016 done, so you can all stop canvassing me now
                      If DA can win it then it's dead to me.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X