• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone 17:00, which is the end of the time period during which they'll supposedly deliver; and no sign of anything, not even a card

Just waiting for the website to update to some garbage about me being out at some randomly-chosen time when I was definitely in

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Gone 17:00, which is the end of the time period during which they'll supposedly deliver; and no sign of anything, not even a card

Just waiting for the website to update to some garbage about me being out at some randomly-chosen time when I was definitely in
      Better still: the supposed delivery date of today has been changed to tomorrow, and is accompanied by a message declaring that the item has now arrived at a depot in a town down near the A5, which is a regional distribution hub, and is "on its way" to the local depot.

In other words, there was never the slightest possibility of it being delivered today in the first place

Comment

In more positive news, I suddenly remembered that a couple of months back I received a cheque made out to MyCo from HMRC for a small sum, being CT interest from 2014-15

I'd put it to one side at the time, and forgotten all about it. I need to post it off to Cater Allen and, conveniently, there's a pillar box halfway between here and the Amazon Locker. So I can pop that in the post when I go to collect the various things that are "Arriving tomorrow"

Comment

Mrs BP preparing a roast dinner now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Mrs BP preparing a roast dinner now.
            Yum!

I'm going to the Chinese tonight, as they seem to get dangerously overexcited if I go on any other night of the week

Comment

And the main attraction, the new telly, is arriving sometime after 14:50 tomorrow, so not ridiculously early

…But as I'm the same side of the city as the DPD depot, they'll probably be turning up first thing, so I won't get a lie-in anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Email from Currys confirming shipment of the soundbar had tracking number but just empty space where the courier's name was supposed to be

After trying a few different companies I finally got a hit on the DPD tracking site, so at least I know where to look for updates now
                Nice pali!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Nice pali!

Crikey, it was and all!

Cheers - drinks and bananas all round!

Comment

Just spent some time rearranging the living room, partly to have the new telly in a good position when it arrives, but also to get the bed settee that's surplus to requirements a bit nearer the door. One of these days, I'll finally make arrangements for it to be taken away

It turned out the mice had, when they were here, been getting under one corner of it, despite it being pretty much flush with the carpet; so that gave me an unexpected bit of unpleasantness to deal with. If you like occasionally finding droppings and urine stains in distant corners of your living room that you haven't looked at properly in years, mice really are the gift that keeps on giving

Comment

Car due at 7am, so TFBSZ.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X