• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched San Andreas. It is a terribly bad film on so many levels. Still, cool SFX, so there's that.

It occurred to me as I was watching it that film makers now have to meet certain standards for scenes involving a skyscraper collapsing into a city street, as we all saw it happen IRL twice in the space of about half-an-hour on 9-11. They barely managed to meet those standards.

And we all know what a tsunami looks like after the disaster in Japan. They completely ignored that and went with the made-up tulip instead

So, then I watched Predestination. I did so on the recommendation of @SwiftOnSecurity, the Twitter account that pretends to be Taylor Swift offering infosec advice (though we all know it's really Taylor Swift, who happens to be an expert in infosec as a sideline to her pop music job). And you know what? It's excellent!

It's a time-travel thriller, and I'm still not sure I've got it all disentangled in my head; but it comes highly recommended by me now, as well as Ms Swift

And then, as I don't have to go shopping first thing due to having done it today, I watched the first couple of episodes of Survivors, which I haven't seen since their first broadcast back in 1975 - the first was shown just a few days before my thirteenth birthday, it seems

They were written by Terry Nation. Need one say more?

Comment

At train station with 2 over excited children
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Day in Reading yesterday, today's plan involves slightly less movement if I can help it...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Given that Mrs eek went to Newcastle for 5 years you would hope she knew the difference between toon and mackums

Comment

Train is full of Sunderland supporters off to watch their team lose again

Comment

So that means very early drinking

Comment

Which is always fun to watch when they are trying to hide it from children

Comment

One man has sent his child to sit with his mum to hide the fact he's drinking from a can. Really a bit pointless

Comment

Only 2 hours to go

Comment

This is going to be a long journey

Comment

Working...
                      X