• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    32ish bike miles done. Has turned into a nice day.

Am fancying roast beef - but that means braving Tesco... Decisions...
    93 here.

Sirloin joint currently roasting in the oven
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      93 here.
      Miles? Good going!

Sirloin joint currently roasting in the oven
      Went to M&S in the end. Costs twice as much, but meant I didn't have to go to Tesco.

Veggies prepared, so can now enjoy a large glass of Merlot (no more sharp knives to contend with!)
      Last edited by mudskipper; 2 October 2016, 15:37.

Comment

Sausages are on, soon to be followed by egg, bacon, fried bread, and beans

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Miles? Good going!

Went to M&S in the end. Costs twice as much, but meant I didn't have to go to Tesco.

Veggies prepared, so can now enjoy a large glass of Merlot (no more sharp knives to contend with!)
          Yep, miles. Would have been a bit further but time was getting tight as it was a somewhat eventful club run, with punctures, people running out of steam and a minor pile up on the return leg.

I normally squeeze in 35 miles before the club ride, then 45 or so on that, then another 20 or so afterwards to make it up to the century.

Also not helped by not being on my normal bike, but riding the heavier 'cross bike with fat tyres.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yep, miles. Would have been a bit further but time was getting tight as it was a somewhat eventful club run, with punctures, people running out of steam and a minor pile up on the return leg.

I normally squeeze in 35 miles before the club ride, then 45 or so on that, then another 20 or so afterwards to make it up to the century.

Also not helped by not being on my normal bike, but riding the heavier 'cross bike with fat tyres.
            We passed a group of cyclists standing round a woman laid out on the verge. As there was about 10 of them, we didn't stop, as none of us were medically trained (apparently watching casualty doesn't count). Was a quiet road, so dunno what had happened. There was some gravel on the road, so perhaps she hit that.

Comment

Finally remembered to email the agent asking him to confirm what the real end date of my contract is, as opposed to the wholly incorrect end date on the contract itself resulting from the original version having the incorrect start date

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Finally remembered to email the agent asking him to confirm what the real end date of my contract is, as opposed to the wholly incorrect end date on the contract itself resulting from the original version having the incorrect start date
                The agent may add on a couple of weeks.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The agent may add on a couple of weeks.
                  He just replied. (He's far too keen and hardworking for his own good.) He says he thinks they're interested in extending

I've replied that I'm shattered from the travelling and will need at least a month off and, as that takes us almost to Christmas, I'm not into going back before January, if at all.

I've suggested that either WFH a couple of days a week or a part-time gig three days a week might tempt me. I could get by OK on three days a week at the current rate…

Comment

He's kicked the can down the road: "Let's talk about it nearer the time" or words to that effect. Hope I haven't ruined his Sunday evening

Tomorrow's links are sorted out, so now I can enjoy the rest of the weekend… oh, bollocks, look at the time

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X