• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny, light breeze, warm. Perfect autumn morning.

And, best of all, poached eggs are approaching

Comment

In a cafe in Copenhagen and it's just like home ie pissing down.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        In a cafe in Copenhagen and it's just like home ie pissing down.....
        Simpsonesque here in Sluff
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

A few clouds hanging around, but quite pleasant-looking out there today overall

Comment

Transpennine Express.

£70 of tickets purchased online sans fuss. A change of plan means they're not needed but a different journey is needed on the day before the original intended trip. Result is having to print off a refund form, visit the station to print the original tickets out, post them off for a refund of £30 (only £40 of the original £70 is a refundable type ticket and there's a £10 admin fee deducted from that) and then purchase a £20 ticket for the correct journey. Which leaves a total outlay of £60 for a single trip to manchester airport, plus a load of fecking about and inconvenience. Nothing like a seamless customer journey to brighten your life eh?

Whilst i'm at the station i'm gonna ask a load of stupid questions and waste their time back. Grrrrrrrr

Comment

The football lot have got yet another load of their friends round; and on a Sunday!

Once they've started it should be safe to head down to Sainsbury's for various things I forgot yesterday

Comment

32ish bike miles done. Has turned into a nice day.

Am fancying roast beef - but that means braving Tesco... Decisions...

Comment

Most of bulbs planted.

Gave some to neighbour whose little girl wasn't impressed as she wants some lavender.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sainsbury's done. Before setting off I had to take a load of bags I've had to buy when I've forgotten to take any bags with me out of the bags I was taking with me, so there was room for the stuff I was going to buy

I mainly went down there because I had a voucher for 7p/litre off fuel if I bought cleaning and kitchen products. I like those vouchers, because the stuff it covers is all things that can be stored for ages and which I always forget to buy when I run out of them. So I stock up whenever I get the voucher, and as a result haven't run out of anything like cling film or detergent in several years

And I had another voucher for bonus points if I bought wine, so I bought wine

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Hope so. A tad chilly at present.
                      In other news, I've discovered my cycling jacket has a built-in light. I never knew that.
                      Turned out nice in the end. Misty and chill to start with but soon warmed up as the Sun came up. Had definitely earned the bacon and egg cob at the cafe stop
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X