• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have just caused a slight domestic.

MrsB bought an Amazon Echo a couple of weeks back. Being bored today at client co. I decided to see if I could troll her with it via the App. Started it playing random selections of bad country music stations, changing station every couple of minutes as well, just to add to the irritation factor.

Got a text from her about 10 minutes ago telling me that she was fed up with it paying crap music for no apparent reason while she was watching telly and that she'd boxed it back up and was sending it back for a refund.....

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I may have just caused a slight domestic.

MrsB bought an Amazon Echo a couple of weeks back. Being bored today at client co. I decided to see if I could troll her with it via the App. Started it playing random selections of bad country music stations, changing station every couple of minutes as well, just to add to the irritation factor.

Got a text from her about 10 minutes ago telling me that she was fed up with it paying crap music for no apparent reason while she was watching telly and that she'd boxed it back up and was sending it back for a refund.....

Lol... That's beautiful. You will of course be going along with this and not fessing up I would guess.

I had some fun on spotify when the kids were playing music over PS4. They can tell which device is changing it on that though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Time for a dog walk
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home!

Some unspecified incident was causing "delays" on the final stretch of the A14, so I took the A6 instead. For some reason the traffic this afternoon has been quite light, so as I didn't set off until nearly five, it wasn't a bad run

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper
            Greetings!

Are you home, or has this post been smuggled out on a USB stick via a leaky raft to Florida?

Comment

Email from pimp: "Just checking in really to see what your work situation is at the moment", followed by a couple of completely unsuitable roles.

It's from the pimp for my current gig

Might reply along the lines of "If this is your way of telling me there won't be an extension, you could have phrased it more directly"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Greetings!

Are you home, or has this post been smuggled out on a USB stick via a leaky raft to Florida?
                I am home in body, if not in spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I am home in body, if not in spirit.
                  Spirit? You mean rum?

Comment

Just spotted a rather splendidly named boozer: the hat and beaver. The mind boggles.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Spirit? You mean rum?
                      Haven't slept for 30 hours - a drink would finish me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X