• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Haven't you been summoned to the prof forums WTFH?
    Do you know how hard it is to hammer a keyboard on the iPad version of this software?
    Well, it's moderatorly hard.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lots of bug fixing today. Mainly cosmetic, but just enough interesting ones to keep me from nodding off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lots of bug fixing today.
        I've just done a bit of bug fixing, if you consider a bee to be a bug and a ban being a way to fix things
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Do you know how hard it is to hammer a keyboard on the iPad version of this software?
          Well, it's moderatorly hard.
          Zentury
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon all

Definite change in the weather here. It's generally grey, dark and gloomy.

If Eeyore was a kind of weather, this would be it.

Comment

Oh the sun has come out.

No doubt it will rain in half an hour.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At the hotel

Now to kill time until heading to the pub for dinner and a pint or more of Adnam's finest

Rather grey and chilly here; there was a bit of a shower on the way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  At the hotel

Now to kill time until heading to the pub for dinner and a pint or more of Adnam's finest

Rather grey and chilly here; there was a bit of a shower on the way
                  MMM the age old problem of when is it acceptable to start drinking when working away.

I worked in Glasgow on they shut the place I was at at 4.30 - no exceptions - so back in hotel by 4.45

No real work to do in the evening so just twiddling my thumbs

Having said that it was in Glasgow so i suppose 4.45 is quite late to start drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    MMM the age old problem of when is it acceptable to start drinking when working away.

I worked in Glasgow on they shut the place I was at at 4.30 - no exceptions - so back in hotel by 4.45

No real work to do in the evening so just twiddling my thumbs

Having said that it was in Glasgow so i suppose 4.45 is quite late to start drinking.
                    When I was at Yahoo! on Shaftesbury Avenue, I could work until about half-eight in the evening, as the building was staffed 24/7. So I'd do a long day, then head down past Seven Dials to the Harp, and with the extra hours I'd done I was able to head home at lunchtime on Friday.

Then I went to GCap (aka Capital Radio) on Leicester Square which was also open 24/7, so I was able to do the same there - though the Harp was even closer

And before those I'd been at GCap in Bristol (aka GWR FM) for two years and had done the same thing there for the eight months I worked on site before switching to working from home.

In Bristol, Sally and Kevin, the DJs who did the evening network show, would stop for a chat (my desk was between their desks and the studio) as they were going in to start the show, or when one of them popped out of the studio for something. It was quite cool to be listening to the radio playing in the office knowing it was two people you'd just been chatting to, now sat a few feet away - I could get up from my desk, walk five paces, and wave at them through the studio window (though I didn't, because that would have been weird)

Comment

Cod & chips for dinner, washed down with the most perfectly kept pint of Broadside you could wish for

Comment

Working...
                      X