• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Eek is applying to be a train driver - it always was her life time ambition so no harm in trying.

And if you saw the pay - Aslef have done their members proud over the years
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I don't care who he is, he's not coming into the lounge as my guest!

Ask BrilloPad about his divorces. They haven't killed him yet.
      ...actually, that's got me thinking. Bloke with several ex wives and a bit mouthy... has anyone seen Brillo and Donald Trump in the same room at the same time?
      Brillo has less hair.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning Nick

Almost time to call it a day here.

My wonderful PM told one of the managers here last week that I was coming out early to have a very important meeting with the PM. That would be the very important meeting on Monday which never happened because there wasn't one and the PM didn't drag his backside out of bed until 11.30am.
        He then told another manager today that I was here for an important meeting tomorrow with a few managers. He didn't tell the others about it. They aren't available and have suggested re-scheduling to... next Tuesday.

i.e. he's lied to several others about why I'm here. His plans have fallen apart.
        Today I have done SQRT(Fcall).
        Tomorrow I shall be doing less, then heading back to Tokyo at about 4.30pm.

Another one for "You won't believe this client I had…" anecdote collection

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Mrs Eek is applying to be a train driver - it always was her life time ambition so no harm in trying.

And if you saw the pay - Aslef have done their members proud over the years

I used to go to the same pub as several train drivers - they were a great bunch

Comment

There's a serious risk of this project going live today

That's live in the sense of "Let the admin staff uncover all the bugs we forgot about or didn't even notice"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's live in the sense of "Let the admin staff uncover all the bugs we forgot about or didn't even notice"
              Facebook integration test methodology
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Remember that database I built a few years back, 1/4 million hyperlinked key word searchable easily accessible documents and drawings. Copy on the main server, 5 external drive copies for security? The client moved offices a couple of weeks ago and lost it (them). Good thing I kept a backup at Home

Anyway, I'm going back contracting in a few weeks after being permie for 8 years. Do I go Limited or PAYE Umbrella? go on, save me Googling?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Anyway, I'm going back contracting in a few weeks after being permie for 8 years. Do I go Limited or PAYE Umbrella? go on, save me Googling?
                  Alright Diver! Welcome back! <- manly

Probably best to go limited, assuming you're outside IR35 as it's currently understood

Comment

Alright Diver! Welcome back! <- manly

Probably best to go limited, assuming you're outside IR35 as it's currently understood
                    <-Also a manly hug
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Right, i'm home, feeling crépe but managed to logon to ClientCo's machine. How to stay awake though? Must be time for the Monday Links happy

Comment

Working...
                      X