• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- should make the afternoon more fun...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Home!

Broken-down horse box at the A14-A1 junction added five or ten minutes to the journey

Quite a nice Simpsonesque sky here, though it's chilly; and of course it's now getting dark too. Ho hum

Comment

2.30am, wide awake.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just completed Phase I of preparing a very large number of chips for tonight's dinner. And the reason there's such a large number? Because they're to accompany a t-bone steak from Chatsworth Farm Shop, 21oz uncooked weight

This will be the first t-bone steak I've had since the 1980s. I had one then when out for my birthday, and thought it was a glorious thing; but then BSE came along, so you couldn't get steak on the bone for many years. I was eyeing up the ribeyes while the butcher was sorting out my pork chops, but then saw these mighty t-bones, right in front of me. So naturally I had to have one

Comment

Well, that steak was delicious

I can scarcely move now, I'm so full. Must have made one chip too many.

Just kidding, there is of course no such thing

Comment

Cod & chips from Kev's

Mini V in bed after extensive story reading.

Back to data manipulation.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Remember that database I built a few years back, 1/4 million hyperlinked key word searchable easily accessible documents and drawings. Copy on the main server, 5 external drive copies for security? The client moved offices a couple of weeks ago and lost it (them). Good thing I kept a backup at Home

Anyway, I'm going back contracting in a few weeks after being permie for 8 years. Do I go Limited or PAYE Umbrella? go on, save me Googling?
                Bloody hell, we thought you were dead!

Brolly for Public Sector, Ltd. for everything else is probably the sensible option atm.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Bloody hell, we thought you were dead!

Brolly for Public Sector, Ltd. for everything else is probably the sensible option atm.
                  Not sure about that brolly means no expenses which may or may not be a deal breaker depending on how much you have in the way of expenses.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all
                    Office until 4.30is, then shinkansen to Tokyo, stay there overnight, then off to the airport!
                    Night all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X