• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    To which the response is:-

It had been suggested that others won't giving this meeting their full attention and could I help identify those people. Well done sucker - Gotcha...

The PM stepped out for a ciggy over an hour ago. 13 people left in the room. 9 speak Japanese. The meeting is in Japanese. There's no translation.

My colleague and I were discussing seats on ANA compared to BA on communicator. If I daub him in, at least 6 in the room will have no idea what I said. Two of the Japanese have good English and a third one has a reasonable grasp.

The point of me being here is... daily rate.
    The second point is to put in time until we are taken out for a big dinner tonight.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

90 minutes lost so far due to useless guys in France asking for extra, out of scope, service improvements. That's up to nearly seven hours of wasted effort this week.

Sadly clientco PM and managers are likely to bend over, take it and ask me to deliver regardless. Project slippage approaches... Head down, carry on invoicing.

Comment

busy discussing translating fields in German. Apparently the translation was done badly last time by certain German colleagues, guess who is doing it this time round? #DefinitionOfInsanity....
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Morning all

90 minutes lost so far due to useless guys in France asking for extra, out of scope, service improvements. That's up to nearly seven hours of wasted effort this week.

Sadly clientco PM and managers are likely to bend over, take it and ask me to deliver regardless. Project slippage approaches... Head down, carry on invoicing.
          Ah special sauce requirements. Our business unit is so special we have to have these extras we obviously can't work the same way as larger or more profitable (in this area) Business units....
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

<---
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              busy discussing translating fields in German. Apparently the translation was done badly last time by certain German colleagues, guess who is doing it this time round? #DefinitionOfInsanity....
              Suity?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Suity?
                He knows German that would be sensible.

My guess is sane people as last time.

Hint google translate is probably a better bet.

Comment

Today is 10 years since I joined CUK. Why am I still here?

Comment

There are certain high points I suppose. tpd. Monday Links.

Comment

Because we are your friends?

Comment

Working...
                      X