• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick,

Have you been in the upstairs room at the Harp? Do you know if it's reservable, and of a suitable size to accommodate a CUK Christmas gathering? I can't find any pics.

I've emailed the Ship and Shovell, but I don't think they do food on a Friday night.

Comment

Morning Inmates

Bright and sunny here, and WFH as well
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Evening all time for a beer...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Bright and sunny here. Another day of fixing and redesigning the work of incompetent permies lies ahead - such is the way I make my money (and I wouldn't have it any other way!).

Comment

Beef and horseradish cobs for lunch, with the leftover brisket from Sunday.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thing of beauty and joy forever created. Time for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Nick,

Have you been in the upstairs room at the Harp? Do you know if it's reservable, and of a suitable size to accommodate a CUK Christmas gathering? I can't find any pics.

I've emailed the Ship and Shovell, but I don't think they do food on a Friday night.
                It's reservable AFAIK but it's not that big - last year's contingent would have struggled to fit, I suspect. Also, the pub doesn't do food beyond bar snacks (crisps and nuts, or a pork pie) in the evening, or didn't up to about two months ago when I was last there.

No Counting House this year?

EDIT: just seen the thread in Social
                Last edited by NickFitz; 16 August 2016, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Evening all time for a beer...
                  Cheers!

Comment

How to make a good impression - contractor next to me walked in at 11AM this morning and announced he was buying a £19k Porsche in cash, having only decided to do it yesterday. He's been making loud calls on his phone about warranties etc to the dealer all morning.

You could have picked the permies up off the floor. I reckon they were wondering how much we're paying this guy vs how much he delivers - not necessarily a comfortable path to start down...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      How to make a good impression - contractor next to me walked in at 11AM this morning and announced he was buying a £19k Porsche in cash, having only decided to do it yesterday. He's been making loud calls on his phone about warranties etc to the dealer all morning.

You could have picked the permies up off the floor. I reckon they were wondering how much we're paying this guy vs how much he delivers - not necessarily a comfortable path to start down...
                      Well the best he can hope for will be no extension. He probably will be out of the door far sooner than that though....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X