• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New recipe added onto an existing blog post if anyone is interested.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think you are in a different sector to me? But finance is stuffed. Gloom with everyone I talk to.

I had a phone interview last night and a face2face on Thursday. But I think I am incredibly lucky.
      From what I've read this is a long term structural change so it's not an industry I would want to be in long term

And even for me it took me 2 months to find the contract I want. My plan with this one is to get enough add-ons out of it that I will be the go to company for some bits and pieces.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Is it me or is the market dead at the moment? Contract is good for another two months but zero chance of it being renewed as the system is due to be replaced at the end of May, only on 2 week notice at the moment so half looking to see if something closer comes up, but there is nothing anywhere it seems
        Hard to tell from where I am. Waiting on a confirmed start date for the new gig in Leeds as the Dept. involved have singularly failed to get their finger out and sort the requirement. Hopefully this wee

In the mean time still getting one or two calls a week on spec from agents based on a CV I last put out 12 months ago. Rates haven't been brilliant though, even for the London gigs.

EU Vote and the fall out from the budget are still being processed I think, which might be putting a bit of a damper on things.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          New recipe added onto an existing blog post if anyone is interested.
          Asian style wraps with shrimp and pork

It will be interesting to see what is up for St Georges day? Boiled anything?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            From what I've read this is a long term structural change so it's not an industry I would want to be in long term

And even for me it took me 2 months to find the contract I want. My plan with this one is to get enough add-ons out of it that I will be the go to company for some bits and pieces.
            Luckily I am 30 years in so coming to the end of my life there.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Luckily I am 30 years in so coming to the end of my life there.....
              And in many ways I am desperate to get out. I hate working with nasty chunts.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Nice day out there, with a touch of Simpsons

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

Nice day out there, with a touch of Simpsons

Same here.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nicely sated after a full Irish

Had to try out the new black and white puddings I brought back with me yesterday and of course I had to accompany them with sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, soda bread and tomatoes.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X