• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to head down the road for some dinner

Comment

Well I've decided to tackle my office storage space (an IKEA shelved double wardrobe). It's proving rather depressing.

I mean, I know I need to throw those 70 unused DVD's (1 and a half spools), because I've just thrown out the reused CD boxes ready to be filled by them.

I then start thinking about the moment I stopped using DVD's to backup my data (the 1/2 used spool saddens me for some reason).

This could take longer than I thought.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Well I've decided to tackle my office storage space (an IKEA shelved double wardrobe). It's proving rather depressing.

I mean, I know I need to throw those 70 unused DVD's (1 and a half spools), because I've just thrown out the reused CD boxes ready to be filled by them.

I then start thinking about the moment I stopped using DVD's to backup my data (the 1/2 used spool saddens me for some reason).

This could take longer than I thought.
          Could be worse. You could be living hundreds of years ago, and each DVD would be a thousand monastery libraries, and each file would be a book chained to a shelf

Maybe Henry VIII destroyed the monasteries because it was the only way to get rid of the backups

Comment

Back from the pub. Much as I like the pub, and indeed this little Premier Inn, I wish I was home

Too long working within reach of home has definitely spoilt me. I need to either stay away all week, or stay at home all week. The former tends to drive me mad for a month or two until I get used to it, and the latter is utterly exhausting at 140 miles per day.

Ah well, at least I'm not somebody's employee

Comment

Afternoon all just back from a very enjoyable "lunchbox" lunch. Plan for the afternoon: drink green tea and stay awake until it's time to hit a bar.
              I was supposed to be doing presentations for 3 days this week, starting yesterday afternoon. Then at 9am yesterday the PM announced that I would do my presentation in half a day, starting at 9.05am.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One more day of purgatory before my holiday! (short break)

S'ppose I should get on with it...

Comment

Morning.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Very Simpsonesque here today

In my first hour at ClientCo today I've deleted five methods I wrote yesterday, after some time single-stepping revealed that Django was already doing what they did (or something close enough) behind the scenes

Comment

Morning all

Email ping pong between clientco PMO and clientco finance as my costs aren't going where they are supposed to. This is because I don't "work" for the department some people think I do (or should do). Sometimes it's nice to have an issue that you know with absolute certainty is not your problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X