• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day spent at Chertsey Show. Much agricultural to do. Old cars, old bikes, older tractors and even older traction machines. Crap food, lots of dogs, raw honey and stem ginger deliciousness.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I'm exhausted.

Watching 80s pop on ITV. Very confused as a guy in the Communards is now a Reverend.
        It's a confusing world sometimes. I've got a mate whose brother is a vicar, gay and married to a pre-op female>male transsexual. They've adopted a couple of kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          Would you mind watching Jess and Mo in Rio for me? It's on in a couple of hours but I'm a bit knacked. Probably nicely mid morning for you.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Would you mind watching Jess and Mo in Rio for me? It's on in a couple of hours but I'm a bit knacked. Probably nicely mid morning for you.
            Have just watched Mo, as requested. Great win, although afterwards the Japanese TV concentrated on their own athlete.

Comment

test please delete

Lucky bronze for Greg. (Please don't read into this that I am some kind of non-Greg sympathiser ). He looked out of it until Lawson's hand touched the sand.

Also, have now worked out some of the TV titles. Some of the main banners are in English, so that's OK, but the top corner of the screen tells you the competition and then the second line will tell you who won - flag, first name initial, then Chinese characters for the surname.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Lucky bronze for Greg. (Please don't read into this that I am some kind of non-Greg sympathiser ). He looked out of it until Lawson's hand touched the sand.

Also, have now worked out some of the TV titles. Some of the main banners are in English, so that's OK, but the top corner of the screen tells you the competition and then the second line will tell you who won - flag, first name initial, then Chinese characters for the surname.
                Unless your hotel is sending you pirated Chinese broadcasts, I doubt they're Chinese characters. Japanese characters (ideograms, to be precise), perhaps?

Although Japanese characters are very closely related to Chinese ones. It's all very complicated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Unless your hotel is sending you pirated Chinese broadcasts, I doubt they're Chinese characters. Japanese characters (ideograms, to be precise), perhaps?

Although Japanese characters are very closely related to Chinese ones. It's all very complicated
                  There's 4 character sets, but only 2 I can remember - Kana and Kanji. The others are something like hirojani and romaji. Kana is Japanese and Kanji is basically Chinese - the local IT guys call Kanji "Chinese" when they translate documents for us.
                  Most things are done in Kanji, with official documents in Kana and after that it goes into the minefield of reading horizontally or vertically.

Once you work out which language has been written, which direction it is written in, then you have to decide if the line after it is a translation in a different language or a continuation of the same.

Confusing? You bet. But I love it out here (apart from the heat, humidity and the lack of The Wife (tm) and The Dog (tw))

Comment

A bit stiff after cycle yesterday

Comment

But the weather is perfect for a walk - warm not hot and overcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X