• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping the rain stays away so I can bbq tonight's tea instead if frying 🍳

Comment

Well it didn't rain and in fact sun has come out.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 08:53.

Comment

That's the essential laundry done.

Dentist tomorrow, so no travelling. I could quite get into doing alternate four- and five-day weeks, until such time as my reasonable proposal to take everything down to a three-day week is implemented.

I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow's root canal work, given hat the offending tooth is now causing me excruciating pain every time I eat, and occasionally at other times, just for a laugh as far as I can tell

Comment

Contemplating my various kitchen issues, I suddenly realised that as far as refrigeration is concerned, I'll be much better off getting a fridge for now, and then a separate under-counter freezer later. There's actually plenty of room for the two of them whereas a tall freezer doesn't really fit in anywhere, and it means I can have some effective refrigeration without having to sort out the whole disposal-of-the-old-ones first.

Comment

New fridge coming on Saturday

Comment

Not allowed to watch fake or fortune, because Robot Wars is on. Enjoying it though, and there's a team from Reading. Go the 'ding!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Not allowed to watch fake or fortune, because Robot Wars is on. Enjoying it though, and there's a team from Reading. Go the 'ding!
                  You should get one of those newfangled video recorders

Comment

Apparently the building in which I worked at my first job after university, writing software in Forth and assembler for Teletext transmission systems, is being converted into one of those places where people get locked in rooms and have to solve fiendishly complicated puzzles to escape.

So no difference, then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Apparently the building in which I worked at my first job after university, writing software in Forth and assembler for Teletext transmission systems, is being converted into one of those places where people get locked in rooms and have to solve fiendishly complicated puzzles to escape.

So no difference, then
                      They look fun - I vaguely googled franchises on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X