• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just had to dispose of Lois, one of our chickens, who died during the night

Comment

40 mile cycle completed in 3.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Sage and onion?

for Lois.

Layers don't make good eaters, I wouldn't even feed her to The Dog (tw)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you didn't mean to and it just happened through overwork, get a Stihl.
          Too expensive.

I think the Bosch one should do the trick for the use it's likely to get.

The flymo died of exhaustion since it looked as if ZeitPater had made good use of it.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 23 July 2016, 12:43.

Comment

Just had to dispose of Lois, one of our chickens, who died during the night

Comment

Time to go out and be sociable. Least it involves sitting in a pub or four.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just had an amble up the road to the motor spares shop, where I was assisted in my search for a new MAF sensor for a 2001 Corolla by a very nice Muslim lady in a headscarf. Stereotypes don't seem to apply around here

They can't get one before Monday, and as I'll probably never be back before six when they shut all next week, I decided to leave it for now. I bought some carb spray instead, and will shortly remove the existing sensor and give it a clean; apparently this is often all that's required. Hopefully my exceptionally limited motor mechanical skills will be up to the task of undoing two screws and unclipping a plug, then (as the Haynes manual puts it) reversing the procedure

Comment

On the 3rd run of washing.

Happily it's all Simpsonsesque out there now & quite fresh with it, so should be a decent drying day.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I bought some carb spray instead, and will shortly remove the existing sensor and give it a clean; apparently this is often all that's required. Hopefully my exceptionally limited motor mechanical skills will be up to the task of undoing two screws and unclipping a plug, then (as the Haynes manual puts it) reversing the procedure
                    Assuming that it's not held on by some special screws requiring Magick Tool #347.3 to undo and Magick Tool #347.4 to do back up again.

<ZG in "fecking years of experience in this sort of crap" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      On the 3rd run of washing.

Happily it's all Simpsonsesque out there now & quite fresh with it, so should be a decent drying day.
                      One of my neighbours is taking full advantage and seems to have all of their bedding and various other things occupying most of the back yard at the moment. I have to dodge sideways to avoid getting their flannel full in the face if there's a sudden breeze as I'm heading to the back gate

Comment

Working...
                      X