• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to get my lunch earlier and saw a woman pushing a buggy. I looked closer and it was a f*****g brown curly hairy dog.

I think the dog looked more embarrassed than the woman.

Why didn't the stupid woman cut short/shave the dog so it was less hot?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

: this afternoon's gardening went rather badly after the strimmer melted.

And I'd only just bought some strimmer line from wilko's.

A whole £1 it cost me.

And now it's useless.

Can't remember the last time said strimmer was used but it was at least 3 years ago.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

I got a text message and email around lunchtime letting me know that the car's engine diagnostic thingy had been delivered to the Amazon Locker.

Then I got into the car to leave ClientCo, started the engine - and the Check Engine light went off, having apparently fixed itself

I daresay it was something to do with the heat, as I suspected. Ah well, I'll have it for next time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Home, and weekend!

I got a text message and email around lunchtime letting me know that the car's engine diagnostic thingy had been delivered to the Amazon Locker.

Then I got into the car to leave ClientCo, started the engine - and the Check Engine light went off, having apparently fixed itself

I daresay it was something to do with the heat, as I suspected. Ah well, I'll have it for next time
          you should be able to see recent faults via OBD so if it has fixed itself you can be sure why.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            you should be able to see recent faults via OBD so if it has fixed itself you can be sure why.
            Yes, I'm hoping there'll be some memory of it. I'll be collecting the device tomorrow morning, and will see what I find

Comment

TFBSZ - early but I need to be up normal time tomorrow to get to Manchester and I'm out late tomorrow night...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just went out the back and walked face first into a cobweb

Worth it in the end though, as I managed to claim one of the recycling wheelie bins - we haven't had one in weeks, because some gits up the road keep taking more than their share

Comment

Time for a relaxing ale, I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just went out the back and walked face first into a cobweb

Worth it in the end though, as I managed to claim one of the recycling wheelie bins - we haven't had one in weeks, because some gits up the road keep taking more than their share
                    Was sitting at the picnic bench at clientCo at lunchtime, making friends with (i.e. feeding) the robin (pics on facebook). Crossed my legs, and knee hit massive spider web under the table. Didn't dare look...

Comment

Friday Fizz, dog walk, Ottolenghi Monkfish skewers done on the BBQ, bottle of red, bit of safari watching, <60 days to our next safari, and now, as eek has already stated TFBSZ. Perhaps that should be TFBSE
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X