• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Afternoon
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Just tried a kale, cucumber and pineapple juice using the new Nutri Nijna thingie we bought yesterday.

Not as bad as I feared.
      Mean while I had a pizza after going for run.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In South Park listening to the second of the four school bands that are playing (twins are in all except for the last one).

if only the sun could make its mind up and stay out for more than five minutes against time
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pleasant cycle this morning, followed by a snooze.

Now to get on with the stuff I was supposed to do this weekend...

Starting with lunch!

Comment

I cycled 34 miles today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I cycled 34 miles today.
              36 miles here. Flattish though.

Comment

Just cut the grass. Time to walk The Dog (tw) in this glorious sunshine.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My mum is apparently feeling well, but they're talking about operating to deal with a pretty severe blockage in her carotid artery.

Said blockage first came to light four years ago when they were dealing with an unrelated matter, and they said she was too old for them to operate on it - too risky. But now, the stroke chap is saying she's 95% likely to have a stroke very soon if it isn't dealt with, whereas if it is dealt with, that goes down to 5%. So they seem to think the tradeoff is now worth it.

But she's also been told previously that it wouldn't be safe for her to ever have a general anaesthetic again. So they're looking at the idea of doing it with local anaesthetic

On the bright side, if they go ahead and it all goes well, she could be home by the end of the week. But still, it's all very worrying

Anyway, apart from that, she's feeling fine in herself, so that's good

Comment

In other news, bought 5 doughnuts from Morrisons only to find they weren't the Standard Raspberry (flavour), but were instead cappuccino, which came as a bit of a surprise.

However, for 5p WGAS, & they've all gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Morning!

Mulling over a coffee how I'm going to play the next few weeks.

Eek really *is* right, treat it as a game - most of this IT lark isn't important. It will still work, just not very well or very efficiently.

I just now have to treat it more lik Monopoly than Cludo.
                      Yup.

I will happily tell the business what they need to do, and how to do it and what the risks are if they don't. If they decide not to do it they get the bonus of signing something to the effect that if it all goes tits up they can't say they weren't warned. After that it's their call.

Everything else is
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X