• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I feel that I should be doing something more useful than sitting here dozing and reading New Scientist.
    I took down about 80% of ZeitPater's greenhouse.

It was not easy.

And my back is telling me so.

How the feck he put all that up on his own escapes me.

But then, he was a bigger, stronger lizard than I.

And it was 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Remembered I had a packet of Jaffa Cakes. "I'll just have a couple," I thought.

Stomach now feeling slightly unsettled due to my eating an entire packet of Jaffa Cakes
      Following my strenuous exercise this sunny afternoon, I've just had some more of yesterday's beef.

It was very nice.

The last lot should be consumed on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how I feel.

Comment

The assembled congregation will be pleased to know that the ZeitAlderFire is still in, though it's not exactly giving out a lot heat.

Comment

In other news, I should take the maidenhair fern off the windowsill.

Apparently they don't like sun, which might explain why it's looking so pissed off.

Though the new self seeded bit in the cyclamen pot seems pretty healthy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Arras to Lyon leg of roadtrip completed via vimy memorial (and the German cemetery for balance). Apparently I'm now in the craft beer capital of France. And the gastronomic capital. And it's 20 degrees outside. Best go explore then :-)
            Lyon is a lovely city and some great food to be had very cheaply. Try one of the many bouchons. I went to Aux trois cochons and if you can get to Les Halles which is the main food market.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Following my strenuous exercise this sunny afternoon, I've just had some more of yesterday's beef.

It was very nice.

The last lot should be consumed on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how I feel.
              I just had some spicy chicken wings which I cooked on the BBQ. Naturally it started peeing it down as soon as said bbq was lit.

Now grey and 'orrible.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It was very nice.

I'm having the rest of Saturday's lamb. Spuds are in the oven a-roasting now; in a while I'll get the meat in there to heat through, and while that's doing I'll sort out the gravy and yorkshires

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Lyon is a lovely city and some great food to be had very cheaply. Try one of the many bouchons. I went to Aux trois cochons and if you can get to Les Halles which is the main food market.
                  Got a bouchon lined up next, I'm looking forward to it. It's only an overnight pitstop but the first impressions of the city are good!

Comment

Well, that went well.

Comment

<flounce>
                      Gonna take a short break from CUK. to you all, 'specially zeity.

I'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                      X