• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very productive today - been and put a deposit on a rather newer Toyota, sorted insurance, sorted scrap for the old one, sorted hire car for getting to ClientCo this week.

And breathe

How did we do all of this stuff before the internet?

Comment

Just stabbed my finger with a rusty screw. Need to sort out a hinge to the shed door....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Just stabbed my finger with a rusty screw. Need to sort out a hinge to the shed door....
        Ow. Have you had a tetanus shot recently?

Comment

38 miles on the bike today. Wiped out. Wasn't so long ago that 40 miles would barely break a sweat..

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Your rugby fans are in our city watching their team against some French side at the City Ground. Might make things a little more quiet down your way I suppose.
            They seem to avoid having both kinds of football at home on the same day now - it used to cause chaos when they did that in the past, particularly when the association football lot were still at Filbert Street, just round the corner from the rugby lot.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Very productive today - been and put a deposit on a rather newer Toyota, sorted insurance, sorted scrap for the old one, sorted hire car for getting to ClientCo this week.

And breathe

How did we do all of this stuff before the internet?
              It was a slower pace of life yet, oddly, included a lot more rushing around trying to sort things out

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Ow. Have you had a tetanus shot recently?
                Last time I had a tetanus jab was as a teenager.

I've randomly jabbed garden things into me over the past few years. As I'm apparently immunocompromised if I get ill I know what to do.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just found a bit of the Radio Times from September 1983.

Stone me, there wasn't much on.

And it all stopped at midnight.

Unless you wanted to watch the OU.

Daytime BBC2 was skools progs.

Things seem to have changed a tad.

There might have been more on ITV, but the RT didn't cover that back then, you had to buy the TV Times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Just found a bit of the Radio Times from September 1983.

Stone me, there wasn't much on.

And it all stopped at midnight.

Unless you wanted to watch the OU.

Daytime BBC2 was skools progs.

Things seem to have changed a tad.

There might have been more on ITV, but the RT didn't cover that back then, you had to buy the TV Times as well.

MrMs's granny was interviewed on the radio way back. He contacted the Beeb to see if they had a recording. They didn't, but they went to the trouble of finding the page of the Radio Times that she was listed in and sent him a copy. So that was nice.
                    Last edited by mudskipper; 24 April 2016, 17:17.

Comment

almost worth paying the license

Comment

Working...
                      X