• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

And a pleasantly Simpsonesque type sky may be viewed at the moment.

Naturally, rain, hail, sleet, snow & murrain of beasts is forecast for later.

Comment

Morning
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Indian not native American, remember I live in Slough the town with more temples than churches.
        Originally posted by Alias View Post
        Yes, so do I...

There is only one temple AFAIK (4 mosques, 3 gurdwaras, plenty of churches...)
        Are there no teepees?

Are there no sweat lodges?

Are there no ghost dancers?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Are there no teepees?

Are there no sweat lodges?

Are there no ghost dancers?

Ahhh poor Zeity.

Now he has definitely no reason to visit multicultural Slough.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Maybe he's a Kipper

I remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Ahhh poor Zeity.

Now he has definitely no reason to visit multicultural Slough.

It is not fit for lizards now,
              And Milton Keynes has all the cows
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Camberley has an elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  Yes, so do I...

There is only one temple AFAIK (4 mosques, 3 gurdwaras, plenty of churches...)
                  Strange I hear it referred to as 'going to temple' not gurdwara.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

This weeks fu<kwittery...

Today it was planned for someone to come and install something at Pondy towers. The company doing the install ordered the product to be installed from a 3rd party who dispatched it in time so that it would be available today for boyo to fit.

Interlink/DPD tried to deliver it when no one was available so I instructed them to deliver to my local halfords so I/Mrs P could pick it up.

For some reason the consignment has my address but the name of the MD of the installation company on it. So halford won't release the parcel to someone with a different surname.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Yeah, they did at 20%. I'm assuming this is 40% tax due after taking dividends to the 40% threshold.

It's only about £400 plus whatever interest is due. Plus whatever fine is deemed appropriate. Plus hoping it's not an excuse to rake over everything else now I'm on their radar...
                      Update - no fine to be applied. Just the amount owed, plus interest.

<goes away to sit nervously whilst thinking i'm on a naughty list somewhere in Hectors hollowed out volcano headquarters>

Comment

Working...
                      X