• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you too?

all good except Science & Maths because Miss V2 is coasting at those.
      ms#5 in final year of A-levels. Marks a bit up and down, but has a plan

Think one teacher has hit nail on head - he had a big problem in that he was seemingly unable to write quickly. All efforts to speed him up still resulted in a painfully slow but neat script - he'd produce about half what was expected. He was told that content was excellent, but there was nowhere near enough of it. They've now got permission for him to type instead - so now he rattles out about double what's expected, but it's nowhere near as good. His slow script seemingly gave him thinking time. So now that's been identified, the plan is for him to consciously slow down his typing. We'll see how it goes...

Comment

Morning all

What day is it? hmm? Damn right it is!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It is, but how am I going to get any tea if it goes swanning off to Gretna Green?
          Running off to get married at Gretna is soooo cliché these days
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            ms#5 in final year of A-levels. Marks a bit up and down, but has a plan

Think one teacher has hit nail on head - he had a big problem in that he was seemingly unable to write quickly. All efforts to speed him up still resulted in a painfully slow but neat script - he'd produce about half what was expected. He was told that content was excellent, but there was nowhere near enough of it. They've now got permission for him to type instead - so now he rattles out about double what's expected, but it's nowhere near as good. His slow script seemingly gave him thinking time. So now that's been identified, the plan is for him to consciously slow down his typing. We'll see how it goes...
            hopefully it will work.

Miss V2 will be losing her TV & Phone if she doesn't concentrate on her homework. she is only 13.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Running off to get married at Gretna is soooo cliché these days
              Civil partnership in Windsor is in.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Morning all

What day is it? hmm? Damn right it is!
                Every day is Friday when you're benched or it's more like a weekend really.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, and a brief spattering of rain just now. Rather odd, as the forecast made no mention of it, and nothing shows up on the rain radar. Must be very localised

Though the forecast spoke of fog, so maybe I'm confusing a very heavy, sparsely distributed, downward moving fog with rain

Comment

Just got invited to a press launch for a new cookbook.

Things with the blog are starting to pick up a bit, had about a 1,000 hits this week. Though I was doing a very hard plug, hope I can keep the momentum.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afternoon denizens

Grey out, and a brief spattering of rain just now. Rather odd, as the forecast made no mention of it, and nothing shows up on the rain radar. Must be very localised

Though the forecast spoke of fog, so maybe I'm confusing a very heavy, sparsely distributed, downward moving fog with rain
                      Grey in cloggers and looks like it will be for the whole weekend.
                      Hope the rain stays off as I want to smoke some salmon and some bacon.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X