• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and for the record, they're two limes and an ash, each somewhere around 16 to 18 metres in height at the moment, with a crown spread of between 10 and 12 metres. Pollarding will take them back to between 7 and 10 metres in height.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There are tree surgeons at work a couple of doors down. I hope they're just pruning or pollarding or whatever, not removing the trees altogether. There's been quite enough tree murder round here over the past year

The trees they're working on currently block my view of the Sainsbury's Local. To be honest, I don't actually want an improved view of it.

Two oak trees in the field behind my house, currently spoiling my view of the south downs. I'd just like the lower branches removed for the view and the upper ones trimmed back a bit

Year before last an oak tree came down in the village and went through two cars. Nice wood. Burns well.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Grey, cold, wet and miserable here in cloggers, stark contrast to yesterday's sunny and warm day.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Afternoon all

Got a friend who is in Hamsterjam at the moment, anything Foodie that you can recommend (permie budget though)
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

New router ordered.

T'internet connection downstairs is not very good, due to most of the walls being solid concrete and internet providers one is not very powerful.

Still the connection is a lot better than when we used to live in blighty.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If today is quiet, I shall spend my time thinking up amusing ways of killing people who move while looking at mobile phones. Inconsiderate morons.

Death is too nice for them. It needs to be something way more painful.
                Tying them up, battering them about head and body with a cricket bat then leaving them face down with the handle rammed somewhere unpleasant with the words "Don't Do It Again!" written down the blade tends to get the message across.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Talking of Hamsterjam, not really my place to say, but...

According to linkedIn, a former and much missed denizen of TPD is soon to make an honest woman of his good lady.

Congrats to MTT if you happen to be reading!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Tying them up, battering them about head and body with a cricket bat then leaving them face down with the handle rammed somewhere unpleasant with the words "Don't Do It Again!" written down the blade tends to get the message across.
                    Its a start.....

Comment

Italian meatball from eat today....

Comment

Working...
                      X