• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just out the back and as I looked up at Orion (the constellation, not the car), a plane flew straight along the line of his belt

Comment

Well, I watched Groundhog Day. It is a very good film

And then, because I've always for some reason associated them with each other, I watched The Truman Show

I'd always been aware that a good chunk of the incidental music in the latter was by Philip Glass (including a piece from the score for Powaqqatsi, the second film in the trilogy that begins with Koyaanisqatsi) but I hadn't realised until watching the credits tonight that one of the keyboard players seen in the control room playing live accompaniment to the programme under Christof's direction is Philip Glass himself

And on that note, repeated several hundred times because Philip Glass: Good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is it home time yet?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Is it home time yet?
                I wish....
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

At least I've got a weekend in the smoke to compensate for the muppetry here at clientco.

Whirlwind tour of all my favourites (Hawksmoor, Duck and Waffle, St John Bread and Wine) and some new (Rasoi Vineet and Hibiscus) which I'd been meaning to visit for some time. And a trip to Borough and Brick Lane markets as well if I can.
                  Last edited by norrahe; 3 February 2016, 08:13.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I was just out the back and as I looked up at Orion (the constellation, not the car), a plane flew straight along the line of his belt
                      It was clear as a bell when I looked out of the bedroom window at 01:15 this morning after my visit to the loo.

Didn't see any attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion though.

Nor any seebeams glittering off the Tannhauser Gate.

Comment

Working...
                      X